partial Outlook 2007 calendar sync

Glenn C

Jul 14, 2007
Hello JJJJ1047,

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the genius told me if this still doesn't work then I should restore the firmware on the iPhone using iTunes, update iTunes and try it again and it should work. Mine worked without restoring the firmware but it is worth the try. As you know iTunes will backup and restore all you settings and data (except music and videos) on the phone when you choose to restore the same phone synched previously. If you try let please let us know if this solves the problem.

-Amro
I tried this. Restore worked nicely, but the problem with incomplete/inaccurate sync with outlook 2003 persists. No improvement.

Glenn C

Jul 14, 2007
I'm glad to hear that the iTunes update has solved your problem, but I have updated my iTunes and still have the same problem sync'ing my Outlook 2007 Calendar events with my iPhone. It will sync from the iPhone to Outlook, but not from Outlook to iPhone the way it is supposed to be. I have been an IT provider for 15 years and know enough how to solve problems like this. Both Apple and Microsoft deny that there is a problem (the way they have both done for years), and then they come up with a solution just the same. Unfortunately, the solutions do not seem to work for everyone, thereforee, the problem has still not been solved. While I love my iPhone, I continue to have a love/hate relationship with both Apple and Microsoft (don't we all!). I just can't wait for iTunes 7.3.2 to see what happens next. :confused:

I agree. Have Restored, updated iTunes to 7.3.1, wiped calendar completely, and EVEN traded for a NEW iPhone. The problem STILL persists. :(

darabbadiee

Jul 5, 2007
I fully agree wit Gleen C....

I have tried any solution that I have been able to locate and still cannot sync my calendar .... the issue is with the Sync DLL .... the darn thing is buggy ... in the Apple iPhone forum I have read the Apple engineers are working on it ... I, too, am waiting for the next release of iTune to see if it fixes this issue.

Darab.

Nesto

Jul 16, 2007
If you've fixed the add-ins and still have issues, one thing that seems to have worked for me is this...

Go to Calendar Properties, make sure that for "When Posting to this folder" use "IPM.Appointment".

jjjj1047

Jul 7, 2007
NJ Shore
Finally...........

I've tried every suggestion that posters, Apple, and Microsoft has suggested to sync my Outlook 2007 Calendar to my iPhone but nothing worked. Thanks to one dedicated Microsoft employee that would not let this issue die until it was solved, I FINALLY was able to sync my Outlook 2007 Calendar to my iPhone. It was so easy it's incredible. I hope that it works for others that are having the same problem Good luck.
Locate the scanpst.exe file on your PC, then click on it to execute the file.

Type the path and file name of the .pst files
Note: The .PST files are always located in the C:\Documents and Settings\<user account>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
(<user account> is the name of your windows account, C: is the system partition where the Operation System locate.)
Click Start.
NOTE: Enable the box of " Make backup of scanned file before repairing " if the PST file need to repair.

Then try to sync the iPhone again. Hopefully this works for you as well as it worked for me.

lzender

Jul 23, 2007
sync from Outlook 2007

I'm having the same issues with iTunes syncing my calendar and Mail. There isn't anything there.
I got my contacts sync under Outllok 2001 but no email or calendar. I updated to Outlook 2007 still nada. Arg!

Has anyone been able to sync calendar? Otherwise we have a $600 phone!?

wfried

Jul 24, 2007
iPhone won't sync calendar with Outlook 2007

I got my contacts sync under Outllok 2001 but no email or calendar. I updated to Outlook 2007 still nada. Arg!

Has anyone been able to sync calendar? Otherwise we have a $600 phone!?
Not me... I'm thinking of returning my iPhone. I've given on syncing contacts - I'm now using "Windows Contacts," but as far as the calendar, the Apple plug-ins systematically crash Outlook 2007 so I had to disable them.

Has anyone heard any confirmation that Apple is taking this issue seriously?

plasmo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Not me... I'm thinking of returning my iPhone. I've given on syncing contacts - I'm now using "Windows Contacts," but as far as the calendar, the Apple plug-ins systematically crash Outlook 2007 so I had to disable them.

Has anyone heard any confirmation that Apple is taking this issue seriously?
This is Bad. I am hoping the PC Outlook syncing is resolved by the time I get my iPhone in a few months. Otherwise, it will be useless!

I know there are mostly people with Sync problems posting on this thread, but are there a lot of people who are experiencing NO problems with Outlook sync?

lzender

Jul 23, 2007
Synching outlook 2007

I've tried every suggestion that posters, Apple, and Microsoft has suggested to sync my Outlook 2007 Calendar to my iPhone but nothing worked. Thanks to one dedicated Microsoft employee that would not let this issue die until it was solved, I FINALLY was able to sync my Outlook 2007 Calendar to my iPhone. It was so easy it's incredible. I hope that it works for others that are having the same problem Good luck.
Locate the scanpst.exe file on your PC, then click on it to execute the file.

Type the path and file name of the .pst files
Note: The .PST files are always located in the C:\Documents and Settings\<user account>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
(<user account> is the name of your windows account, C: is the system partition where the Operation System locate.)
Click Start.
NOTE: Enable the box of " Make backup of scanned file before repairing " if the PST file need to repair.

Then try to sync the iPhone again. Hopefully this works for you as well as it worked for me.

I've tried this one. It did find some erors and correctedthem but still won't sync!

spod

Jul 25, 2007
I had the same problem with Outlook 2003. Only recurring appointments seemed to sync. After a closer look, it turned out that only appointments that were created by others that I accepted synced. So it had to be something in my settings when creating an appointment...

And, yes, it was.

Right-click on your calendar in your folder view and select properties. On the General tab, make sure IPM.Appointment is selected in the "When posting to this folder" drop-down list. (In my case, "My WebEx Integration" was selected.)

After I another sync, newly created appointments appeared on my iPhone.

Yahoo!

Hope it helps!
Elfride

Just to report some success in case other people find it helpful: I had the same problem as Elfride described and did what he described above and it worked. However, it only worked on new entries not existing ones.

So if you did the above and then did a sync and nothing appeared to change, try adding a new entry and doing another sync - you might find it has been sorted out.

morpheus

Jul 2, 2007
Just to report some success in case other people find it helpful: I had the same problem as Elfride described and did what he described above and it worked. However, it only worked on new entries not existing ones.

So if you did the above and then did a sync and nothing appeared to change, try adding a new entry and doing another sync - you might find it has been sorted out.
I noticed my Outlook Calendar also had Webex integration selected, but changing the property described in that post didn't fix the inconsistent sync problem, with old or new events. :(

I think this is a bug that Apple need to fix...

hcaudill

Jul 31, 2007
Same problem - calendar won't sync

Outlook 2007
Windows Vista
iTunes 7.3.1.3

I've tried most of the suggestions above with no luck. On the iPhone my calendar only shows recurring items from Outlook.

gkreed

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Same problem here - calendar won't sync

Outlook 2003
Windows XP
Latest iTunes
Latest firmware

Spent 1.5 hours on the phone with Apple last night. After multiple tests, reloads, downloads, test accounts, etc. We determined my calendar must just be bad. I exported my contacts, mail, notes, and tasks. Then wiped my email and outlook away and created a brand new profile. Imported my contacts, mail, notes, and tasks. Had a completely brand new blank calendar. Added a couple of test items and synced. Nothing. Added couple of things to iPhone and synced - nothing.

My contacts sync fine - but this calendar thing is driving me crazy. I will tell you that both the Apple Store and Apple Phone Care made it sound like I am the only person on earth having this problem (which I know is not true).

Just not sure where to go from here.

morpheus

Jul 2, 2007
Just not sure where to go from here.
IMHO the calendar sync problems are clearly bugs in iTunes, causing the iTunes sync DLL to crash or read the Outlook calendar database incorrectly. It won't be fixed until an iTunes update. Hopefully we will see one soon from Apple.

I'm actually not surprised it doesn't work. My experience with Outlook add-in's and Outlook sync apps from Palm and others shows it is very tough to get this to work right, and I didn't expect Apple to get a solid Outlook sync in iPhone v1.0.

I can't count the number of times I had to screw around with DLL's crashing in Outlook. From memory I can think of Outlook DLL's for Palm, LinkedIn, PGP, Dymo and Webex all causing me problems at some time or the other on different computers. Windows and specifically Outlook is a really horrible proprietary platform to develop for and there are so many customer configurations it is impossible for a developer to anticipate them all. I believe it has taken Palm (who have been doing this for decades) nearly a year to release support for Outlook 2007!

My co-workers have all switched to Mac's and I admit I am often envious when I hit Windows/Office issues like this. On the Mac it usually just works.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
New iTunes 7.3.2

Folks, there was a new version of iTunes that just came out today: 7.3.2. It's supposed to fix some bugs. Install it and see if it addresses any of your sync issues with outlook.

ibaneye

Jul 14, 2007
(My) Successful Sync Solution

First off, I want to thank all you guys for the many great tips, most all of which I think I tried, unfortunately to no avail. My issue was the same as many of yours'. Contacts were fine, but Calendar would not sync. I did not experience the crashing of Outlook, nor disabling of add-ins, but the syncing would never actually do anything. My final solution, which I got the idea from the AT&T forum, believe it or not, was to uninstall the "Outlook Live Search Maps Add-In." Disabling it was not enough, it needed to be removed altogether. All other add-ins remain installed and checked. The calendar now syncs perfectly. Events created on either side sync to the other. I highly recommend trying this, if you have that add-in installed. As I said before, I'd previously tried almost every suggestion, even the new pst file and uninstall/re-install type solutions. In the end, for me, it was just this one add-in.

Interestingly, I have not read others complaining about another issue I've had since the beginning, which is that, if an iPhone is connected to my PC (either my laptop, or desktop), and iTunes is running, upon eject, or closing of iTunes, iTunes freezes. I have to kill it with Task Manager. Anyone else experience this? Despite this issue, the sync does work just fine now.

I'll cross-post this, so all can see; sorry if you see this post multiple times, I'm just anxious to spread my success :laugh2:.

Oh yeah: Win XP, Outlook 2007, newest iTunes & iPhone s/w.

morpheus

Jul 2, 2007
My calendar works! I did the following:

- Uninstall iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Mobile Sync, Live Maps for Outlook from the Add/Install Programs control panel
- Reboot
- Install latest iTunes
- Reboot
- Run iTunes and sync

Still got some missing appointments but 90% of them are there!

Thanks for all the suggestions.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
My calendar works! I did the following:

- Uninstall iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Mobile Sync, Live Maps for Outlook from the Add/Install Programs control panel
- Reboot
- Install latest iTunes
- Reboot
- Run iTunes and sync

Still got some missing appointments but 90% of them are there!

Thanks for all the suggestions.
That's awesome you got 90%...but that won't do it for me. I want a 100% solution. My BlackBerry did it well. I'm not expecting perfection on day one, but dang it, Apple, if you provide Outlook support, then make sure the damned thing works before you release it!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Outlook will not sync with iPhone. It says iPhone is not connected to computer when it is. Everything else syncs but Outlook