Pay for Apps on Installer?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think $10-$20 would be fair for a useful app such as iChat or something similar. I wouldn't expect anything to be much more than that. Actually, I think the mobile version of Slingplayer was $30 for my BlackJack back in the day, so I would expect that to be a bit more expensive than most other apps.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I was thinking the same thing. I might actually pass on an iChat type app. Sure it might only be $10 but I also read somewhere (a while back and I can't remember the source) that if the iPhone did have an iChat app that it might only work on a WiFi connection. That would be completely pointless to me because I would most likely have a laptop with me anyway if I was in range of WiFi. I would be more inclined to purchase if it worked on EDGE/3G.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think it had something to do with AT&T losing revenue from people sending texts because they wouldn't be able to charge separately for people to use an AIM application.

neoelcocolo

May 24, 2008
I unlocked my iPhone using ZiPhone, but I can't get the BSD subsystem to install, the actual installer and the SSH suite are all in the unistall folder of the iPhone.. What can I do to fix this?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think $10-$20 would be fair for a useful app such as iChat or something similar. I wouldn't expect anything to be much more than that. Actually, I think the mobile version of Slingplayer was $30 for my BlackJack back in the day, so I would expect that to be a bit more expensive than most other apps.
I'd gladly pay $30 for Slingplayer for the iPhone. At this point, isn't a matter of when, more than if it will be available.:laugh2:

Now if I could just get my Slingbox fixed. I messed up the IR port by ramming in the cable. I'm going to see if I can fix it, otherwise it's a $99 repair. Ouch.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I unlocked my iPhone using ZiPhone, but I can't get the BSD subsystem to install, the actual installer and the SSH suite are all in the unistall folder of the iPhone.. What can I do to fix this?
it would be best if you created your own thread for help issues. that way people with some experience with that problem would be able to help you more effectively.

aphotog

Jan 2, 2008
atlanta
it is only fair to have a trial first for an application. Those who demand x amount for a DONATION are asking for a backlash....

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Krishna lunch at UF requires a mandatory donation of $4. If you don't donate, you can't get any food. Nastiest smelling food ever as well. Dang hippies.

theevilone

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
just downloaded a video recording app, works great get 30 free trials and then have to pay for it.