People who are getting it, white or black?

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
I will probably get the white iPhone this time around. It is time for a change for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
I thought hspa+ is the same thing ATT uses to advertise "4G". If it is true, everyone will be happy with the speeds.. cause i had the Atrix 4g from ATT as well, and I was getting 4-6mbps download. That extra or 2 mbps makes a HUGE difference. But yeah, still not 4g. Enough to make me happy cause it is blazing fast compared to 3g.
I get 2.5-4.3 right now with my 4. But ya i checked on AT&T's coverage map. It seems that HSPA+ in addition to enhanced backhaul is being called their 4G. That blows because that is not 4G but i guess any speed increase is always welcomed.

"4G: The areas shown in darkest blue represent AT&T owned HSPA+ network with enhanced backhaul. AT&T's HSPA+ network is capable of delivering 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul. 4G device required. "

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
From my understanding it has HSPA+ which isn't quite 4G but definitely gives you a boost in speed. With AT&T you have to be in an area where both HSPA+ and enhanced backhaul are available on the network to get those speeds. I don't think its much help for Verizon or Sprint as their networks are different. So regardless it isn't 4G its actually 3.5G, I think.

Edit: Im not sure now because I just looked it up a little. In chicago AT&T has their 4G LTE network up, speeds there were 13Mbps download speed, and HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul at 6.8. I thought that 4G LTE had 21Mbps download speeds and HSPA+ was the 1 around 14.
I live in Tampa it recently had major backhauls and upgrades in they're wireless system. So the wireless signal from the towers is really awesome here where I live so that's a plus and the network speeds been really good for me.

rollinfromhell

Zealot
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
I get 2.5-4.3 right now with my 4. But ya i checked on AT&T's coverage map. It seems that HSPA+ in addition to enhanced backhaul is being called their 4G. That blows because that is not 4G but i guess any speed increase is always welcomed.
Well on my Atrix most of the time it was really cool. It was just rolling out here, so it would occasionally be slow. This was in March, and my friend brought his Galaxy 2 over and he got 7+ mbps. So, the iPhone will probably get the same too.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Assuming I get full subsidization, I will get a black and then switch the back plate for a white one. Hopefully my current iPhone 4 plate will fit it.

I still can't stand the white front.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
white, Plus my girlfriend is getting the black one, we can't get the 2 mixed up.

peterthomas

Bronze
Oct 4, 2011
I might go with the white one or maybe the black one not sure yet. So someone tell me what's the story about the HSPA meaning the new iPhone 4s phone? From some of the websites I've looked at they say it wont have 4g capabilities and some say yes it will.
It don't have 4G LTE, instead it has the HSDPA technology, which you can somehow include in 4g but its not pure 4G I think... So thats the whole mystery..

And I will go for the black one!

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
if your just going to slap an oversized protector then i don't think it would matter. personally i think a screen protector and a bumper is enough. I've had a black iPhone 4 and im leaning toward the white this time IF I DECIDE ON GETTING IT. i think i speak for most ppl that has had the black iPhone 4...white FTW!

NewGuy

Bronze
Dec 30, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.facebook.com
It don't have 4G LTE, instead it has the HSDPA technology, which you can somehow include in 4g but its not pure 4G I think... So thats the whole mystery..

And I will go for the black one!
I watched the keynote and he talked about this. He said that the iP4s will have faster speeds but isn't going to state whether its 4G or not because apparently there is no actual definition to what 4G is. So i guess anyone can call what ever that want 4G as long as its and of an upgrade from 3G. I don't know how AT&T is ok with calling that 4G when they have this picture posted.

Last edited by a moderator: