Phone will not turn on anymore.. Help Please!

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
ah yes, sorry, should have stated that, it wont connect to iTunes, computer makes the noise to say its noticed the device but nothing shows up in iTunes

mcquaid1

Bronze
Dec 8, 2007
Ireland
Ok, he has told me he got iTunes to find it once and during the restore, it came up with a failed message saying 'The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred(1)'

I have just tried a different iPhone cable and i got iTunes to recognize the iPhone but i got the same warning message half way through the restore?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apple changed the "connect to iTunes" screen with iOS 7. It looks like it has updated your firmware. However, it still needs to be fully restored.

You'll need to put it in DFU mode before restoring it. Reboot the computer first and then follow these directions before restoring.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Temporarily disable your antivirus program if you are running one and try restoring in DFU mode in iTunes again. Reboot and try it again if you don't have an antivirus program installed. Try a new/different USB cable if you have one. Post the exact error code if it fails again and the point in the restore where it fails (extracting firmware, verifying with Apple, etc.) Are you using Windows or a Mac? Do you have access to another computer?