PKGBackup problems with greenpoison?

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
Anybody having problems with their PKGbackup restore? I was on 4.1, updated to 4.2.1, and jailbroke without issue. I know Cydia is getting slammed, but PKGbackup failed to restore most settings even for packages that did get reinstalled, and only a few bits and bobs of my SB layout.

Anyone else? This aggravation wasn't even worth updating for. :mad:

PS- I'm using Dropbox, and this is the first DB restore I've done.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Don't worry, I had exactly the same issue. I had to restore as PkgBackup froze my phone out, it kept on Respringing constantly.

Never mind.

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
I've had decent success with it. Even though it's never perfect, it gets me much closer, much easier, than doing everything manually. This time was pretty much a complete disaster, though, and I've tweaked more on the last FW than ever before, so I really needed it to work this time. It's only a phone, yeah, but it's not just the time required to set everything back the way I want it, it's equally about remembering all the things I've tweaked and forgot about. :)

Part of the question is, does PKGBackup fail because it doesn't work , or does it fail because it needs to be updated with each new FW/JB/Cydia app revisions, and I'm always jumping on the latest JB right away?