• No way, I'm sticking with Verizon.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I was generally just outside of ATL in Dacula, but even when I was downtown for a convention in March I still had crappy service. The speed of the service was very fast, even with one bar, but quite often the 3G would drop and I wouldn't even have an EDGE connection either, so a lot of the time I'd have no data connection whatsoever.
You do understand that Dacula is like the ass-end of space around here. Middle of nowhere, right?
Downtown is generally a 5 bar area- till you get inside some of the buildings. Then your signal simply drops to 1-2 bars and frustration sets in. It's all the concrete they use down here.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
and now macrumors reporting Tmobile to get one as well....dun dun daaaaa didn't i say in another post that all the carriers would have iPhone5!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
and now macrumors reporting Tmobile to get one as well....dun dun daaaaa didn't i say in another post that all the carriers would have iPhone5!
AT&T bought t-mobile, it's just a matter of time they'll get the iPhone, more likely than sprint.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
AT&T bought t-mobile, it's just a matter of time they'll get the iPhone, more likely than sprint.
yes but that doesn't go through till march 2012 so im thinking the GSM bands will be for all GSM spectrum and the phone will be software locked for now to the specific carrier, until after the acquisition goes through

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I bet we won't see an iPhone on t-mobile till march than, it sounds more logical to me, but that's just me.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Exactly my point. No reason for t-mobile to get The iPhone now when in 5 months it'll be AT&T anyway.
now I'm confuse lol

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Exactly my point. No reason for t-mobile to get The iPhone now when in 5 months it'll be AT&T anyway.
now I'm confuse lol
Except for the iPhone to be able to use T-mobile's 3G service, it will need a new antenna to support the different frequency they use. Being that ATT will probably be using that frequency when they merge next year, I think it's safe to assume iPhone 5 will be compatible. And if it's compatible, why NOT let Tmobile sell it? That's a whole lotta people itchin to get iPhones.

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
$85.00 a month unlimited everything on AT&T. Rollover and Free Mobile to Mobile. I'm good with Ma Bell.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
$85.00 a month unlimited everything on AT&T. Rollover and Free Mobile to Mobile. I'm good with Ma Bell.
Agreed. Earlier upgrade eligibility, an iPhone that works all over the world, roll over minutes and free mobile to any mobile (who needs unlimited voice with that), fastest 3G, and simultaneous data 3G and voice. I'm sticking with American Telephone and Telegraph Company. :)

jcmitchell5

Contributor
Silver
Feb 19, 2010
Arkansas
I definitely won't be switching but I wish more companies would get the phone to possibly promote some competition!

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
The best is that now pricing is almost the same for my family plan. It doesn't make sense to pay almost the same prices for an inferior network

Saints

Bronze
Jul 24, 2009
New Orleans
Hell no I'm not going back to Sprint. Dirty rotten worthless so and so's......
Exactly! When I was with Sprint I had a manager at the corporate office basically tell me I was a liar and hung up on me... never again Sprint, never again. Besides that the main Sprint store here is always packed with people and sometimes have to wait over an hour to get rude service, no thanks.