Post Pics Taken With The iPad Camera

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Judge for yourself but I would say there is no comparison. These were taken under fluorescent lighting, no flash, no HDR on the iPhone.

The thumbnails are clickable for a full size, un-edited view.

Some stats...

The iPhone4 pic is 2.9 meg and 1936 × 2592

The iPad2 pic is 360k and 720 × 960 which is smaller than the 1024 x 768 screen resolution of the device itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
yes, it's a iPad 2 picture thread. And the camera sucks ass.
Yeah. Though I was pleased to have the cameras, I was pretty surprised and disappointed at their 'lack of robustness'. But, I doubt most of us will be forced to use the iPad as our primary camera so I guess it shouldn't really matter.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Yeah. Though I was pleased to have the cameras, I was pretty surprised and disappointed at their 'lack of robustness'. But, I doubt most of us will be forced to use the iPad as our primary camera so I guess it shouldn't really matter.
I agree that it's not going to be a primary camera, but what's the point of even putting it in when the execution of it is worthless? They could have left it out and made the thing cheaper or made the front one better or used the space for a SD card slot or....or.....or.....

Saying it doesn't matter is kind of a cop out. Kind of along the lines of when they said "yes, there are antenna issues with the iPhone 4 but if you have a case it's not so bad. And most people will have a case so it shouldn't really matter."

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I agree that it's not going to be a primary camera, but what's the point of even putting it in when the execution of it is worthless? They could have left it out and made the thing cheaper or made the front one better or used the space for a SD card slot or....or.....or.....

Saying it doesn't matter is kind of a cop out. Kind of along the lines of when they said "yes, there are antenna issues with the iPhone 4 but if you have a case it's not so bad. And most people will have a case so it shouldn't really matter."
I should elaborate. It doesn't matter to me. I have other cameras, and FaceTime on the iPad is sweet. And if a photo op arises and I don't have my iPhone with me, taking the photo with the iPad will do in a pinch.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Same to me I didn't buy for the camera because after hearing the Rumors on it I knew it wasn't gonna be up to par with the iPhone 4 camera I think people need to do more research on a Product before purchasing.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
First ever iPad2 pic of Mt Evans!

(With the forward-facing camera, of course)
Or at least, I'm pretty sure it is the first. Image has been removed.
With 40mph gusts of wind, it was immensely (?) practical to take those pics. The iPad almost flew away across the frozen lake, but I caught it before it did...

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Huh? Merged what? Sorry, haven't been here in a year. Haven't used the app either. Must be new technical expression with which I'm not familiar.

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
With 40mph gusts of wind, it was immensely (?) practical to take those pics. The iPad almost flew away across the frozen lake, but I caught it before it did...
Hey where are you from? That place is so beautiful.. I don't get this in Arizona :(

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Hey where are you from? That place is so beautiful.. I don't get this in Arizona :(
No, not Arizona. This is a pic of Mt Evans, CO, taken fom Echo Lake, one hour from Denver. Mt Evans is closed by snow 8 months a year. But when it opens on Memorial Day, it's a wonderful place that goes through 4 seasons in 4 months (June=winter/spring, July=spring/summer, august is still summer, but the first deep frost in early September puts it into a very fast fall and winter is back again. It has the highest paved road in the US. You can actually drive to the very top. One of the most interesting area is Summit Lake at 12,500 feet, over one thousand feet under Mt Evans' summit. Only fed by melting snow, summit lake owes its few trouts to human seeding. The area around it is the only place in the continental US to have permafrost, which is the reason why the vegetation is the same as in the arctic: lovely tiny, tough flowers with a very short life. Wild life is also everywhere: big horn sheeps, mountain goats, marmots, ice birds are everywhere, with no predators.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
For those of you that don't know geordisjd, she has supplied us with some of the most beautiful, clear iPhone photographs that you'll ever see. She claims it's because of her steady hand, but I think it's voodoo.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Awesome pic, no matter what camera was used. Great for an iPad pic for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
It's not my favorite camera, especially while standing at 12,000 feet with 40 mph wind gusts. But it's fun watching the other guys looking at you like you might be insane, taking pics with a device that doesn't look like a camera at all.