Post screen shots of your BEST battery usage 5.0.1

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I think this is a new record for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330531308.588516.jpg

It proceeded to last another 10 minutes on that 1%. 9.5 hours is pretty good in my use case. Lots and lots of downloading over 3G, watching video, etc.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I think this is a new record for me.

View attachment 22055

It proceeded to last another 10 minutes on that 1%. 9.5 hours is pretty good in my use case. Lots and lots of downloading over 3G, watching video, etc.
I spoke too soon. Apparently my phone is racking up a lot of usage time while in sleep mode, and that included whatever usage it racked up overnight. Sigh.

It's more like 5 hours during active use.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Without social media apps like Twitter and Facebook, etc. it is amazing how much longer my battery last. Albeit I'm not using my device as much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
That is pretty good. About normal in my opinion.
They say that you get better battery life By using your phone in landscape orientation. :)

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Why on Earth (LOL) would using Landscape (I can't help but laugh at this) cause better battery life?
I also have my auto switch turned off...

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Let's post screen shots of our best battery usage using iOS 5.1 on iPhone. I'll start ;)

51.png

Last edited by a moderator:

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
What exactly are we doing here? That usage tab doesn't tell you anything other than how much the phone predicts you have left based on right now. If you was to open and use every app plus gps plus Bluetooth those statistics would change. The usage bar is an indicator only.

I personally never use it for that reason.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte

Contributor
Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Manchester UK
www.youtube.com
What exactly are we doing here? That usage tab doesn't tell you anything other than how much the phone predicts you have left based on right now. If you was to open and use every app plus gps plus Bluetooth those statistics would change. The usage bar is an indicator only.

I personally never use it for that reason.

*edit* sorry didn't notice the percentage battery at the top. But still depends on what and how you are using it. Would be better if everyone shut down everything, charged 100% kept everything shut down and then took another photo of usage and percentage at 10% and then see if everyone's was identical with times. Then we'd know if all phones and batteries are the same. But hey who'd do that!

iHolophyte

[Edit: Quote fixed]

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I created the thread for iOS 5.0.1, on EiC and on iMore, and it seemed to go over well, hence I created one for iOS 5.1

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
*edit* sorry didn't notice the percentage battery at the top. But still depends on what and how you are using it. Would be better if everyone shut down everything, charged 100% kept everything shut down and then took another photo of usage and percentage at 10% and then see if everyone's was identical with times. Then we'd know if all phones and batteries are the same. But hey who'd do that!

iHolophyte

[Edit: Quote fixed]
The pictures isn't a prediction, Its real time of how much usage and standby.