Post Your Last Purchase

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Got one of these to replace the older one's Islabike, which will go to my 2 yrs old.

View attachment 24358

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
iP5
Nice!
In the US they do not have the pedal less bikes for kids (I never found one) just training wheels.
Bike lanes/ path are up and coming
When we lived in MI we had a BMX park and that was sons Saturday morning fun ....in KY no place even to ride in the neighborhood much. Son needs a new bike too! Now hopefully he finds some kids here, in the new MD neighborhood to ride to, or with.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
iP5
Nice!
In the US they do not have the pedal less bikes for kids (I never found one) just training wheels.
Bike lanes/ path are up and coming
When we lived in MI we had a BMX park and that was sons Saturday morning fun ....in KY no place even to ride in the neighborhood much. Son needs a new bike too! Now hopefully he finds some kids here, in the new MD neighborhood to ride to, or with.
We started both boys on the run bikes or balance bikes. Neither ever bothered with training wheels :D
I'm sure you can find the starters in the US, try googling Kokua or Prince Lionheart run bike to get hits for retailers.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You should review this somewhere. I like the no monthly fee. Can you add cameras to this system too? Yes: http://www.amazon.com/Mi-Casa-Verde-VistaCam-Surveillance/dp/B007UZH85I/ref=pd_sim_e_25
Not really a review, but a guide on how to set up and use home automation on the iPhone using the Vera Lite. Overall, I like the Vera Lite. This type of product is more geared towards the more technical person. Really it all depends upon the scale of your home automation design. If you are installing a few plug-in lamp modules, it's not very difficult. That being said, it's not a gift I'd give my parents. No way they'd figure it out.

Last edited:

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
ImageUploadedByiCafe1345773934.685323.jpg

I traded in my 6 year old XBox 360 and about 25 games and received a little over the price of the 16 gig model at Game Stop. I have a new iPad, but I wanted to see what a 7 inch tablet is like and to try out an Android device.

Reactions: ZR_Yancy

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I traded in my 6 year old XBox 360 and about 25 games and received a little over the price of the 16 gig model at Game Stop. I have a new iPad, but I wanted to see what a 7 inch tablet is like and to try out an Android device.
I've been hearing awesome stuff about it, the latest being just yesterday. Let us know how you like it because I'm actually thinking about picking one up. I heard that it starts from $200 USD, which is definitely an amazing price considering the specifications and screen size. The friend who told me about it yesterday has had a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab for a while and it has a great screen size, to be honest with you, and is much more mobile than an iPad, for instance.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
View attachment 24406

You won't be disappointed. This is the 1st Android device that feels just as smooth as an iOS device. Apps and games are still something to be desired right now but devs are slowly updating for the N7.

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I've been hearing awesome stuff about it, the latest being just yesterday. Let us know how you like it because I'm actually thinking about picking one up. I heard that it starts from $200 USD, which is definitely an amazing price considering the specifications and screen size. The friend who told me about it yesterday has had a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab for a while and it has a great screen size, to be honest with you, and is much more mobile than an iPad, for instance.
So far first impressions are pretty good. I think price point is good and I do like the smaller size for portability. It actually fits in my front cargo short's pocket. I think you have to give it a fair shot and not compare it to the iPad to appreciate it. IMO the iPad is the top of the food chain, but the Nexus is a great reasonably affordable tablet. I'm still learning a lot and trying to YouTube something's that I am not sure about. With registering my credit card with the Google store I received $25 in credit so that was pretty cool as well. They also have Transformers Dark Side of the Moon loaded, a couple of magazines and one of the Bourne series books loaded. I know we can be 3-4 weeks away for a possible smaller iPad, but I am still happy with the Nexus since I already have the new iPad and my iPhone with plans on getting the 5 next month so I really didn't want more of the same thing and was eager to try something new for an Android experience.

Reactions: TarekElsakka

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
You won't be disappointed. This is the 1st Android device that feels just as smooth as an iOS device. Apps and games are still something to be desired right now but devs are slowly updating for the N7.
Project Butter paid off. The small amount of exposure that I have had with Android devices has never been as smooth as the Nexus 7.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Thanks for sharing your experience so far, Alex. I'm glad you like the tablet. I'm not a huge fan of tablets because I always thought the iPhone does the job for me, of course that's along with my Mac at university, so I never really saw the need for tablets. At university, I use my laptop for typing, and I find that pretty hard on tablets as they have on-screen keyboards which I am not as fast on as I am on physical keyboard, of course.

I've seen a couple of covers that are actually keyboards for the iPad, though, and they look pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure there are similar ones available for the Nexus, so I'm going to look into those. It'd be much easier to carry around than a Mac or an iPad, and of course a physical keyboard, that also works as a cover/case when closed, attached to it would make typing on it much easier.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I just purchased this and it works great.
I had to set up a free host on no-ip.com and can add as many cameras as I want. I got it here, using a coupon "BackToSchool" and got 15% off.

foscam.jpg