How to use RingToneMaker in Parallels.
I bought ringtonemaker and found out that when I run it on my powerbook using parallels the program runs fine except when I try to send the ringtone to my phone. The PC side of the system doesn't see the phone. I have iTunes running on the PC side as well and when I run iTunes it doesn't see the iPhone eother. Any ideas? Thanks
[I am assuming you have a Macbook not a powerbook, as parallels doesn't run on a powerbook.] At any rate, this is what you do:
1) Make sure iPhone is connected via USB.
2) Start up Parallels and run Windows.
3) Make sure Parallels is reading the iPhone - Check the USB icon in the bottom-right hand corner to make sure iPhone is clicked.
4) Close RingToneMaker if it is open (Parallels must fully recognize iPhone before you open RingToneMaker).
5) You must restart Apple Mobile Device in services. (Go to Administrative Tools in your Control Panel. Double-click Services. Click on Apple Mobile Device, and click Restart the service.)
6) Open RingToneMaker, and you should now have no problems copying over your ringtones! (Note: I suggest preparing a bunch of ringtones, then copy them over one after the other - You don't need to restart your iPhone after each one, just restart after you copy over all the ones you want.)