Put Newsstand Icon In A Folder

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No, I don't have anything in Newsstand. Thanks.
[Edit] Also. I am running Mountain Lion on my Mac. The program runs, then says done, yet the newsstand will not go into any folder, nor combine with any item to make a folder. Oh well.
[Extra Edit] Out of curiosity, I ran this on my iPhone 4 and it hid the newsstand(with items in it) in a folder called "magic". That was kinda cool but odd. It will not work on my ip5.
That what's it supposed to do. See my screenshot above. It's an iPhone 5. Do you happen to have more than 100 icons/apps? I heard that it doesn't work if you have more than 100.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The Windows version is now available, but apparently it isn't working for most people at this time. Hopefully, an update will be available soon.
stiflestandwin1.png

stiflestandwin2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EverythingApple

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Threads merged and the "no jailbreak required" was removed from the title since the word "jailbreak" is not permitted in thread titles outside the jailbreak forums.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
i have 93 apps and it said succeeded but newsstand is still there...

so even though it says successful......didn't hide newsstand

IP5

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Just saw this on Twitter, no indication of when it will be released but I know many people would appreciate this functionality. This is the same guy that developed the Springtomize jailbreak tweaks that I've found very useful.

Filippo Bigarella@FilippoBiga
StifleStand: put the Newsstand icon inside a folder on any device running iOS 5.x/6.x (even unjailbroken ones) http://filippobiga.com/sstand.png

Edit: Now available, apparently only for Mac: http://filippobiga.com/stiflestand/

Windows version coming soon.
I can't use this. It requires Mac OS 10.7 or later. I have Mac OS 10.6.8. :( Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Not 5 yet. I'm going to upgrade to Mac OS Lion 10.8.2. I'm just looking to see if he one in the app store for $19.99 has multiple licenses, as I have several Macs I'd like to add it to.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
has it worked with any windows users?

like i said i rebooted my phone and tried several times...different USB ports on laptop....

nothing works to hide my newstand

any ideas?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Medenblik, the Windows version needs an update.

The Mac version worked fine for me. I'm not sure why so many people are having trouble with it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just used Stiflestand to hide Newsstand on my Pad mini on 6.0.1. It worked the first time with no problems.

Reactions: Kadelic