Quick question about selling my V1

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
I'm gonna sell my iPhone on eBay, and I am kind of unsure what to do about a back up phone. I have one. Now.. when I sell my iPhone, do I take the SIM outta it, and put it in the back up? And when I get my V2, I get a new SIM card, right? Or am I looking at this completely wrong. And will I get charged for canceling my iPhone plan for a month, and renewing it when I get my new phone?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Yes, take your sim card out. DO NOT ship it with the phone when you sell it.
You will get a new sim card with the new phone.
You will be able to get the new phone with no penalties.

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
Yeah, but what do I do about a back up phone and a SIM card for that? I have an old phone with a SIM card in it. Do I have to go and buy a new SIM card?

guest4

Bronze
Mar 27, 2008
I thought once you take out an iPhone SIM card, and put it in a phone, it can't be used in that iPhone anymore.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I recommend buying a pre-paid phone from At&ts "GoPhone", or more preferably and "more bang for your buck" go for T-mobiles prepaid service :)
-Cause T-mobiles pre-paid simcards come with a $25.00 dollar balance, At&ts come with a $10.00 balance :(

Good Luck!

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I'm not sure if they are still doing it. But Best Buy had a go-phone for $20 (Motorola one). BUT... if you buy a $25 top up card, then the phone is free. So you get a phone for free, the $10 top up that comes with it and a $25 top up card, all for $25.

Can't beat that in this recession.

I recommend buying a pre-paid phone from At&ts "GoPhone", or more preferably and "more bang for your buck" go for T-mobiles prepaid service :)
-Cause T-mobiles pre-paid simcards come with a $25.00 dollar balance, At&ts come with a $10.00 balance :(

Good Luck!

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
^^ Wow man I'm sorry, I had gotten a pre-paid card for my HTC from T-mobile at around christmas time and they had a 25.00 dollar balance on them.
-Maybe it was a christmas deal or some unknown doing?

But what you mentioned would be a good deal, and also cost effective :)

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Give it a few more weeks and they will be selling the iPhone V1 on the go-phone system ;)

^^ Wow man I'm sorry, I had gotten a pre-paid card for my HTC from T-mobile at around christmas time and they had a 25.00 dollar balance on them.
-Maybe it was a christmas deal or some unknown doing?

But what you mentioned would be a good deal, and also cost effective :)

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't think I could handle that, how would data be handled?
-Cause using atleast 5 minutes of data which I think is 0.35 a minute would get costly quickly :(
-And how would it update the weather or the stocks options, without the need of Wi-Fi?

If they made a pre-paid iPhone it would just be like having an iPod touch with a phone tacked on :(

What do you think?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
They would have a go-phone data plan ;)

I don't think I could handle that, how would data be handled?
-Cause using atleast 5 minutes of data which I think is 0.35 a minute would get costly quickly :(
-And how would it update the weather or the stocks options, without the need of Wi-Fi?

If they made a pre-paid iPhone it would just be like having an iPod touch with a phone tacked on :(

What do you think?