Radio Shack STILL Taking Orders and Promising iPhones on the 24th? Is this a joke?

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I would think a receipt with any kind of confirmation is better than just leaving your name.. but that's just me..

you give me a receipt, and you'd BETTER have a phone there, or be prepared to hear my wrath.. and for me to take it to the airwaves...

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Well all I can tell u is that we did the same thing for the evo and we had 17 happy customers. So yeah it works!
If you are sticking by your number of 500 phones for 5000 stores then you will have exactly 500 'happy customers' this time around, company wide. I have no idea how many unhappy ones that leaves.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
joeg679 said:
I went to Radio Shack yesterday and was the only one to preorder it all day. I got a receipt with a pin #. Does that mean that I will get a phone? What does the pin number do and how do I check to see the shipping status? Also, I never got a $20 gift card or accessory credit. Thanks
You will get the 20 bucks the same day u pick it up

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
ja_vo, I got a pin number. Does that mean that Apple is at least shipping 1 phone to that Radio Shack for me? Also, I was never told about the $20 accessory credit. Is that real and will Radio Shack be carrying the bumper case? thanks

Ggerds

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
I pre orders at RS at 10am PST yesterday right when it started. There were 3 of us in there, I was # 2 to get it done. I got a print out of my AT&T contract info and a receipt that says "product trigger" or something like that, no PIN # on it though. We'll see, hpoefully I'm all good for the 24th.

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
ja_vo, I got a pin number. Does that mean that Apple is at least shipping 1 phone to that Radio Shack for me? Also, I was never told about the $20 accessory credit. Is that real and will Radio Shack be carrying the bumper case? thanks
You got a pin and you will get your phone. And you will get the $20.00 gift card for your accessory. I don't know of any cases yet for the iPhone but I will let you guys know what we are going to get.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
I wish all those that pre-ordered at RS or BB the very best of luck but I personally have zero confidence that either of those locations (or any location other than Apple or AT&T) has any ability to guarantee (soft or firm) a consumer a device on iday. I hope it works out for all but I am just gonna sit back and wait until the rush is slowed a bit...plus I want the white iPhone 4 so it does me little good to jump in the fray currently.

Ggerds

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
ednygma said:
I wish all those that pre-ordered at RS or BB the very best of luck but I personally have zero confidence that either of those locations (or any location other than Apple or AT&T) has any ability to guarantee (soft or firm) a consumer a device on iday. I hope it works out for all but I am just gonna sit back and wait until the rush is slowed a bit...plus I want the white iPhone 4 so it does me little good to jump in the fray currently.
Yeah, I'm optimistic but not overly confident that this will all work out for me. I'm going to wait until next Monday or tuesday and give em a call to see how it's looking. If worse comes to worse I may try standing in line at one of the other options on launch day. We'll see.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I foolishy ordered through RS and was given a pin number. I went in today and spoke to them again and they assured me again that they will be getting them. If you got a pin you get a phone. I was pretty stern and not really leaving until I spoke to everyone there lol. I was really pissed off when I went in but the store manager came and said even though everything was sold out that RS was allotted so many phones and that when they went through those everything else was just luck and first come first serve. I will contiuning to jam them up until they confirm they actually get a shipment. I'm not crossing my fingers on anything. I think I will be standing in line for a very long time playing the camp game. My fingers are crossed that RS don't F this up.

Ggerds

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
kenneth said:
I foolishy ordered through RS and was given a pin number. I went in today and spoke to them again and they assured me again that they will be getting them. If you got a pin you get a phone. I was pretty stern and not really leaving until I spoke to everyone there lol. I was really pissed off when I went in but the store manager came and said even though everything was sold out that RS was allotted so many phones and that when they went through those everything else was just luck and first come first serve. I will contiuning to jam them up until they confirm they actually get a shipment. I'm not crossing my fingers on anything. I think I will be standing in line for a very long time playing the camp game. My fingers are crossed that RS don't F this up.
I just did the same thing. I just got back from my RS store to confirm everything. The manager checked and said that I do indeed have a PIN and am #2. He said about an hour after I pre ordered all the computers came up with the "not taking any more reservations" message and they were locked out from then on. He obviously could not say I am guaranteed on getting it on the 24th but they would call. I asked if they were opening early on that day and he said they didn't know yet, I can call a couple days before for more info on it all. Like I said, we'll see.

Disrhed932

Jun 17, 2010
Ja Vo please keep us updated as to when you get any new details of the iPhone 4 shipments to radioshack as well as if they contain white iPhones as well as how many per store you are receiving. Thanks

I pit my request and PIN in at my local RS at 1PM sharp. Patietly waiting.

dawiyo

Bronze
Dec 2, 2007
Bel Air, MD
www.pier23studio.com
I went the Radio Shack route myself. Got there at 1pm with a friend of mine with no else in the store. He ordered his phone, went through and got his PIN in less than a minute (he was like xxxx00122). I, however, had to wait for an hour and a half because of network congestion and I ordered mine a minute after he did. In the end, I got a pin (xxxx07200ish) and I actually have faith I'll get the phone. I live in a medium sized town and we were the only two customers to order one. I say customers, because the employees were ordering them too ;)

bronxaccents

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
New York City
I called radio shack myself today, and they said they weren't taking any more Pre-orders, but that you could still come on release day and you might get one.

Disrhed932

Jun 17, 2010
I went the Radio Shack route myself. Got there at 1pm with a friend of mine with no else in the store. He ordered his phone, went through and got his PIN in less than a minute (he was like xxxx00122). I, however, had to wait for an hour and a half because of network congestion and I ordered mine a minute after he did. In the end, I got a pin (xxxx07200ish) and I actually have faith I'll get the phone. I live in a medium sized town and we were the only two customers to order one. I say customers, because the employees were ordering them too ;)
My PIN on my receipt is xxxx0133
Again, I was in right at 1, my receipt says 1:00 sharp

trido

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Please keep us all posted if you find out do get them in wed for thursday? don't you think that RS stores would get them the day before launch day Oh I know you being in ATL how did the evo go did evo come in day before launch?

thanks

I can tell right now that radio shack did some sort of pre-order but no longer doing so. I am a assistance manager at a radio shack in let me know if u have any question!

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I called RS today to make sure I was getting one on the 24th and the employee assured me that if I got the pin, I would get one. I know that ja_vo already confirmed this, but I don't have too much faith in the system that Apple is using to disperse the phones.

Frostbit3

May 8, 2010
I didn't get a chance to preorder mine at RadioShack before they stopped so I'm planning to just get their extremely early. I called them and they stated that they would have some for first come first serve (Ones other than the preorders) and that if I'm one of the first few in line I should get one. I'm really hoping he's right cause I don't want to sit out for 6 hours just to not get one.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I think you'll have a good chance at getting one if you get there early. If I didn't have a pin already, I would just go to the store tomorrow and speak to one on the workers and see if they could put one aside for you. I know they aren't supposed to do that, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Ggerds

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
This was just posted on radioshack Twitter page. This doesn't look good for getting our phones on the 24th fellow reservers.

#shackipone As you've heard/read, iPhone inventory on launch day is super tight. We will fulfill requests asap as inventory allows.