Reality Check...

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well i can tell you right now that that phone isn't running on 3g speeds. just did the same thing with my phone and it is spot on. gotta love how they talk about deceptive advertising.......oh the irony

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Haha, that commercial is rather ridiculous. You don't need to do a side-by-side comparison to know the phone does not operate at that speed.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
well i can tell you right now that that phone isn't running on 3g speeds. just did the same thing with my phone and it is spot on. gotta love how they talk about deceptive advertising.......oh the irony
Really? You can keep up moment by moment with that commercial? I'm sorry, I do not believe you :sick:

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well not with the gps, but the internet surfing, look how slow the page is loading. the gps takes a few seconds to locate

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
The commercial may be a tad fast, but not entirely. My phone is way faster than the comparison. The only difference is the gps is a little slower, and they don't really switch between apps that fast they are just trying to show as many features as they can in 30 seconds.

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I stopped by an AT&T store. Did a speed test. One iPhone 3G at 627 kbs, the other sitting next to it at 17 kbs, my v1 iPhone at 127 Kbs. I am just confused....

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
True, the commercial does not reflect real-word speeds, but as Dave said, you don't need these comparisons to know that the phone doesn't run that fast. And, all these comparisons vary in speed. Each person that does them lives in a different place, and does them on a different date at a different speed. Besides fact that they're all using iPhone 3G's, there aren't too many constants in these things.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
those poor Windows Mobile guys with their crappy phones. wonder why he didn't just show you his phone?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
True,

I get about 2.5mbps on my company 3G AT&T Tilt phone (Windoze). And my iPhone sitting next to it will get about 900kbps.

Those poor Windoze guys. Microsoft must be doing something very wrong? ;)

those poor Windows Mobile guys with their crappy phones. wonder why he didn't just show you his phone?

eye-Fone

Zealot
Gold
Jul 5, 2008
Sunny, southern California.
Apple hit with class action lawsuit over iPhone 3G

Well, it looks like someone has taken this matter in their own hands...

Apple hit with class action lawsuit over iPhone 3G

Last edited by a moderator:

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
It took me 30 seconds to fully load nytimes.com on 3G (progress bar completed)

I like the APP commercial, LOL.

Nogard13

Jul 17, 2008
Maybe the iPhone in the commercial is running on Wi-Fi. I don't remember if the 3G or Wi-Fi icon is on the upper left hand corner in the commercial.

piyf420

Bronze
Jun 19, 2008
The commercial may be a tad fast, but not entirely. My phone is way faster than the comparison. The only difference is the gps is a little slower, and they don't really switch between apps that fast they are just trying to show as many features as they can in 30 seconds.
Little does the average consumer know this or even think this when they watch the commercial.