Remember when...

applejailescape

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
No. And neither does anyone else that had one. In fact one of the worst "phones" out there. But it was the start of something beautiful and was the coolest phone out there.
i loved my 2G guess was just my opinion , i got it when there was a app store so maybe my experience was just different to yours.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I loved my 2G also but it was in spite of the fact that it was an abysmal phone, had a terrible speaker (push pins anyone), no messaging (it's all going to be email soon), and all the apps were web-based. What made the iPhone 2G such a success was the wow factor of the touchscreen and the GUI which had never been seen anywhere before in a widely available consumer device.

We can thank the 2G for revolutionizing the smartphone industry and personal computing even but lets not forget that there were some really bad things about it too. Things that if you go waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the archives here when it was still everythingiPhone.com people were constantly complaining about. If there wasn't a software upgrade every month or two to add a feature or fix a bug we all complained like they waited to long to release a new iPhone.