Replaced iPhone screen, back and cannot receive calls or texts

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
i just replace my iPhone 4 screen and everything back on and works but after 30 mins i cant receive calls or text message now anyone can help

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try resetting your network settings and reseating the sim card. If that doesn't work, you may not have reconnected everything properly. My only suggestion would be to take it apart and try again.

Just curious, did you take it in to Apple to see if they would replace it? They often replace them for free the first time you crack the screen. After that, it's $200, but at least it doesn't void the warranty like it does when you do it yourself.

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
Lol dude how you ever going learn something if you never try yourself.. And FYI I found the problem out kinda funny all the days of the year Att had 4 3G towers down and working on them by my house.. So the receive part was down.. But after talking Att for 30 mins got phone reset on a new tower by the house and everything works great now.. Just funny day I do repair they working on towers.. Here a picture of the new screen and back

Last edited by a moderator:

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Lol dude how you ever going learn something if you never try yourself.. And FYI I found the problem out kinda funny all the days of the year Att had 4 3G towers down and working on them by my house.. So the receive part was down.. But after talking Att for 30 mins got phone reset on a new tower by the house and everything works great now.. Just funny day I do repair they working on towers.. Here a picture of the new screen and back
I'm not the least bit interested in finding out how to take apart my iPhone, nor do I ever plan to! The only people that find themselves in trouble, are the ones that get themselves there, something's are better left to the experts, especially the ones that can void your warranties.

You remind me of a buddy of mine who also thought the same way, and decided that he too can service his own breaks....long story, short...he's lucky he had another car, because the one he did the break job on wasn't drivable for almost two weeks, until he finally had the balls to admit he screwed up, and had it towed to a mechanic!

My phone cost me a pretty penny, and I'm not going to chance screwing it up

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I'm not the least bit interested in finding out how to take apart my iPhone, nor do I ever plan to! The only people that find themselves in trouble, are the ones that get themselves there, something's are better left to the experts, especially the ones that can void your warranties.

You remind me of a buddy of mine who also thought the same way, and decided that he too can service his own breaks....long story, short...he's lucky he had another car, because the one he did the break job on wasn't drivable for almost two weeks, until he finally had the balls to admit he screwed up, and had it towed to a mechanic!

My phone cost me a pretty penny, and I'm not going to chance screwing it up

I agree with you Chris. Some things shouldn't have my hands in them.

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
<shrug> well I try to do something just to know I can or have.. But I do study up on what I'm fixing to do before I do it.. From taken my phones apart to me building my first pc years ago to taken broken laptops apart to fix to changing the oil in my cars or trucks to body work and paint and doing house repairs.. And yeah I mess up few times but I have learn from my mistakes and I try to fix it and get pass the mistake.. But at same time there some things I do leave up to someone else

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
<shrug> well I try to do something just to know I can or have.. But I do study up on what I'm fixing to do before I do it.. From taken my phones apart to me building my first pc years ago to taken broken laptops apart to fix to changing the oil in my cars or trucks to body work and paint and doing house repairs.. And yeah I mess up few times but I have learn from my mistakes and I try to fix it and get pass the mistake.. But at same time there some things I do leave up to someone else
That's cool lowram...some people are more tech savvy than others, and can pull that kind of stuff off. If your good at that stuff, why not then....good luck with man.