Sad Day, Steve Jobs has died

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I found out on my iPhone with a news alert. This is a very sad day, but not unexpected. A legend is gone but his company will continue to uphold his vision. Bless Steve Jobs and his family and loved ones.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
The world is a less a little less creative today. Cheers to one of the most influential people of this time – Steve Jobs you will be missed. R.I.P.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hello my friends. I know I haven't been here for a while. But, it is with this unfortunate news that we gather together. Your life has been greatly impacted by Steve Jobs even if you never bought an Apple product. We have lost one of the great innovators of modern times. Jobs was not an inventor. But, he took great ideas and made them better. He did things none of us believed could be done. He will be greatly missed.

Reactions: connie

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
I copied this from abc news and found it powerful.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented.

I found out on my iPad 2

greasemuntney

Bronze
Apr 4, 2010
Alabama
This is truly a sad day in the iCommunity and the world in general. He open the world up to a different way to do some thing and also a better way.

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Steve was behind the creation of the greatest phone and other high-tech things I/we have ever seen.

R.I.P.

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I got my first Apple product when I was a freshmen in high school. Ever since that day I admired Steve Jobs and thought of him as an idol I could always look up to. I have been using Apple products as much as possible since then.

I recently started working at one of Apple's retail stores shortly after he resigned. It was sad to see him leave the company, because he made Apple the way it is, and everything I love about Apple and technology in general. There is no doubt in my mind that in will continue to look up to him and use his products because he has been a huge inspiration to many of us, whether we use Apple products or not.

There is no arguing that he changed the world in a major way, multiple times. He has changed the way we use technology. He has changed the way we get things done. He has changed my outlook on life. The thing I will remember him most for is how he provided me with not only a job, but helped me figure out what I want to do with my life, to continue on his legacy and help keep his greatest creation alive.

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
I agree. People associate Apple with Steve Jobs. When he stepped down, people wondered if Apple would fall (even with him still 'around'). Now that he is gone, I wonder what this means in terms of the company, at least in the eyes of the people.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
I agree. People associate Apple with Steve Jobs. When he stepped down, people wondered if Apple would fall (even with him still 'around'). Now that he is gone, I wonder what this means in terms of the company, at least in the eyes of the people.
That remains to be seen when the markets open tomorrow. Stocks dropped a bit yesterday but rebounded slightly today. We'll see what investors think about it in the morning. Been watching it because I have shares. After hours trading has it at down a little more than 1.

Booyow1204

Contributor
Silver
Jul 14, 2010
Las Vegas
As someone else posted, most of us probably found out about his death on the devices he invented.
Great point, I heard somebody say it and used my iPhone to confirm it...it's actually a constant reminder every time I use it that the man worked so darn hard to make sure I had a good experience. I was loyal to his invention long before he passed and will remain for a long time to come.

I hope he left us satisfied and happy w/the footprint he left on our industry.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Really gives you a peek into what matters and what doesn't. Bigger screens don't seem so important anymore.
Yes how true. I pretty much realized how petty that was as soon as I heard this news. And who am I kidding... I am getting the iPhone 4S.

Michael

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
iPhone in hand, I received the incredibly sad news of Steve Jobs' passing. R.I.P Mr. Jobs ... You will be missed. It will be an honor to place my pre-order for the 4S ~ a tribute to the genius and passion of a remarkable individual.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Well, I didn't know what to say initially; everything just seems so trite when commenting on someone else's death. But I've now done a small tour of my regular discussion forums, and every one has a huge thread about Steve Jobs. This includes eiC, a guitar forum, an Atheist forum, and a Formula 1 forum. I honestly didn't think that many people would care... it really speaks to the man's influence (as if he needed it).

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It seems surreal, almost unimaginable that Steve Jobs is gone. The greatest legacy is for Apple Corporation to keep his spirit alive and continue with the innovative ways and vision that Steve Jobs always had. As long as that continues Apple will be a leader and we can look forward to great things in the future.