Sad Day, Steve Jobs has died

kyleplusitunes

Silver
Jun 25, 2010
I have changed my name to Steve to commemorate this, I go to the court house tomorrow to make it official.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Wow Jackie, I'm so glad for the little guy, I hope he pulls through. It is very sad, his legacy will always live though, and as someone said earlier, we will always have a little part of that genius in our pockets.
Only 2 days left to order iPhone 4S. While people complain that "it will look the same", I don't think they heard that it will be completely different inside. Personally, I can't wait for the new camera. I've taken over 30,000 pics since iPhone 1.
And what about Siri? It sounds like I may have found a new "friend" to talk to. Plus the speed, the graphics... They should have called it iPhone 5, and everybody would praise it instead of complaining...
Steve will always be part of our lives. Just as I write on my iPad 2, I know nothing will stop Apple from evolving into its next incarnation. Evolution is unstoppable.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
30K pics WOW. I hardly ever use my camera. I think I have approx 20-40 pic for the whole yr.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
30K pics WOW. I hardly ever use my camera. I think I have approx 20-40 pic for the whole yr.
Try it. It's a great quality for a phone, maybe now for any digital camera. I'd love to post a pc from here, but I don't think it's feasible from iPad.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I've just heard about this on the news. Tragic for a 56 year old man to die so young. I'm genuinely gutted about this.

@kyleplusiTunes - you should be ashamed of yourself.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Probably been said over the last 8 or so pages but I think the following quote from Barack Obama is really apt.

"The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steve's success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented."

Reactions: cristic

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
For quite a while, I had known like many of us that he knew he was dying when he retired from his CEO position in August. Pancreatic cancer in 2004. Liver transplant because of metastases in 2009. Downhill course after that. Yet, I was still hoping he would show up for the iPhone 4S yesterday.
I got a message from CNN on my iPhone that he had died as I was driving to the hospital. I didn't have time to mourn, let alone think at that time. I had to pull out a scrawny dying, premature, growth retarded 2-lb baby by c-section. Amazingly, the little guy is doing quite well, breathing on his own. Checking on him in NICU, I remembered Jobs had died. A genius has died, a tiny human being is going to make it. Life goes on. I'm just so sad right now.
I'll pray that the NEC monster stays away from this little baby. Your post brought tears to my eyes. My 9 year old is a NEC survivor with no ill effects (except the belly scar). 1 pound, 15 oz, 3 months early.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I have changed my name to Steve to commemorate this, I go to the court house tomorrow to make it official.
Can one of the MODS put this guy ^ out of his misery? Not funny. Not funny at all and he's been at this crap since the news broke yesterday.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I'm still just in.... I know he's gone. He has done so much. I am more sad today as I'm around people here at work than I was last night when I found out. One guy, here at work showed off an Android App this moring. He thought it was sad that Steve passed. People here at work are just going about their businesss. Everyone's just on the phone and typing and walking around and laughing. It makes me feel weird. Don't you all know? Don't you all feel bad? Can't we all mourn? I hate this, it seems like no one cares. Sorry, I'm really feeling this now.

Last night:
A neighbor of mine came out of her house and let out a bellowing moan. She was across the court from us. We didn't know who it was. She sounded simply awful. I didn't think it was because of Steve Job's death, but my husband said that was it. It was minutes after we found out and it was on the news so that was probably it. The news was very upsetting, tears were shed in my house, then there's the neighbor with the moan, we don't know who it was.

Oh Steve will be missed.

Didn't expect that you would leave us so soon my friend.

Thank you for all you've done and given us. Thank you for changing my life. Yes, Apple products are a big part of my daily life and if it wasn't for Steve Job's talent, efforts, creativity and work ethic, we wouldn't have what we have.

Thank you Steve, You've done good, and you are and will be missed.

Reactions: Kadelic

TheSnowman

Bronze
Oct 5, 2011
So your threatening to ban a guy because he wants to change his name to steve? I have plenty of friends names steve. Should we start being rude to them as well? OR is this something he;s doing to be a jerk