Samsung Instinct=Fail. . .

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I hate this phone...idk why, just my opinion though.
And I shouldnt say hate. I just would never ever ever buy this. Too much of a failed iPhone attempt. The touch screen wasn't even working half the time "/

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Doesn't look all that appealing to me. It's definitely better than some of the cheapos we've seen, but still. And, ack, Windows Mobile? Give me OS X.

Toranz82

Bronze
Jun 7, 2007
Florida
You know my friend says that these companies making iPhone copies are just try to make good competition, but I am sorry I just see this as not having any creativity. Just looks like Samsung saw how good the iPhone did and tried to copy it. In my personal opinion I feel this just makes Samsung (or whoever tries this) look a little less creative.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
This phone would have been sweet! If I never owned an iPhone. :)

Not to be a homer but the iPhone is so much better mostly because of the touch screen interface, imho.

Being able to click and choose icons and buttons so quick is what makes the iPhone great. I couldn't imagine trying to text on the Samsung. Did I read that right, you have to actually push on the screen rather than touch the screen?

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Just looking at this demo, it appears the touch screen is not nearly as responsive or fluid as the iPhone, looks like he has to press it with some pressure, and in 1 or 2 instances he had to repress the screen to get the app to work. Im not impressed.

Iphonehead

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
I'm on sprint right now and this was the only phone that could have kept me with them but alas it wasn't up to par with the iPhone so I will be switching once the new iPhone comes out....although this is a horrible place to post this considering all opinions are biased and half don't even know anything about the phone for example one poster said "ack, windows mobile" when it uses a proprietary os

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
I'm on sprint right now and this was the only phone that could have kept me with them but alas it wasn't up to par with the iPhone so I will be switching once the new iPhone comes out....although this is a horrible place to post this considering all opinions are biased and half don't even know anything about the phone for example one poster said "ack, windows mobile" when it uses a proprietary os
LOL yeah, that is kinda true. but I guess after watching that review the instinct isn't that bad.... IF for some reason you MUST have sprint :p

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Doesn't look all that appealing to me. It's definitely better than some of the cheapos we've seen, but still. And, ack, Windows Mobile? Give me OS X.

- John
huh? I didn't see any windows mobile there. It looks like the normal Sprint interface to me jazzed up a littl bit maybe.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
They use Java BREW development. Apparently, they are hoping developers will create third party apps for the phone. I think it's a must for the success of any phone. We've been patiently waiting for 2.0, but imagine if the iPhone were completely closed (no jailbreak or 2.0 apps). While still impressive, it would have everyone begging for more.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
huh? I didn't see any windows mobile there. It looks like the normal Sprint interface to me jazzed up a littl bit maybe.
Whoops. I was thinking of another rip-off I saw earlier that ran Windows. All the same, this thing still blows.

- John

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I think this would be my next choice for a phone, but only if i couldnt have the iPhone. I only say this, because this is the closet thing to the iPhone that i have seen. The physical body of it is appealing enough to me, the software isn't amazing like Mac OS X iPhone, but its a lot better than most cell phones I have seen. Its funny though because it has quite a few of the same faults as the iPhone (and then some) like the lack of a good camera quality, and camera features other than video. I would never choose this thing over the iPhone though.