Samsung Instinct=Fail. . .

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Yeah I used a client's for a couple minutes the other day and it wasn't the most horrible thing I've ever used in my life. Till I fired up the browser (don't bother). The screen felt like solid glass and was fairly responsive. The main drag is the lag in response time (common for these iPhone knockoffs), and I agree the haptic feedback is annoying and doesn't time well at all with touch activity.

Overall I didn't mind the look and feel of the menus, though of course they're no iPhone. But no ability to sync data + no application support = not a smartphone... it's a featurephone. Not the worst out there, but why are these things even considered competition for the iPhone? It's an entirely different classification of device.

Try explaining that to owners of said device... I didn't bother, as he was bragging to his friend, side-by-side with my iPhone, that his was exactly the same. How can you argue with that?
I have to agree with you Dave. I had an Instinct all of two weeks. I hurried to take it back. I'd have to say it was the worst mobile device I've had in years. The only feature I was impressed with (which I didn't really use) was the navigation. I also found it odd that Sprint included no Mac version of the device manager software. If the Instinct was Sprint's best attempt at competeing with the iPhone then they have a long way to go. I forgot to mention. The worst part was the cheap plastic screen... Mark

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have to agree with you Dave. I had an Instinct all of two weeks. I hurried to take it back. I'd have to say it was the worst mobile device I've had in years. The only feature I was impressed with (which I didn't really use) was the navigation. I also found it odd that Sprint included no Mac version of the device manager software. If the Instinct was Sprint's best attempt at competeing with the iPhone then they have a long way to go. I forgot to mention. The worst part was the cheap plastic screen... Mark
I have a friend who's anti-Samsung when it comes to mobile phones. He had TWO Samsungs and BOTH physically broke on him!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I wouldn't be caught dead getting paid to use that thing. Sorry, Samsung, hire some brains and hide them in a bunker for 6 years. Then we'll talk.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I wouldn't be caught dead getting paid to use that thing. Sorry, Samsung, hire some brains and hide them in a bunker for 6 years. Then we'll talk.
Actually in defense of Samsung (not a fan but giving praise where praise is due). I checked out the Omnia the other day and I really liked it. The Panoramic camera feature was pretty amazing. The phone was built very well. Mark

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Actually in defense of Samsung (not a fan but giving praise where praise is due). I checked out the Omnia the other day and I really liked it. The Panoramic camera feature was pretty amazing. The phone was built very well. Mark
Exactly. The Omnia is the Rolls Royce while the Instinct is like the Ford Focus (sorry Focus owners).

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
i have yet to see that omnia in any store
I saw it in a VZW store on Monday, but it didn't work. I asked an employee about it and they said it's odd that it's not working because that one was the 3rd one they put up that randomly quit on them.

Appearance wise, it was very nice. Felt very strongly built.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have always disliked Samsung phones. So when they actually get the guts to produce a touch screen one, then that would be the biggest failure ever.

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Tell me about it, I love their TVs man. They also did produce a few good phones before, when the 'camera phones' were still brand new and like WOW lol.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah Samsung does make really good LCDs.

I just bought a Samsung camcorder which was a good deal for the price. I had a Samsung dumbphone a while back. It was fine - except it was a dumbphone.