Say hello to our iPhone community!

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
Hey all,
Well, I don't yet have an iPhone but I expect that to change within the month :D I've been obsessively reading about it and watching the videos, driving my friend and boyfriend crazy by talking about it. Oops. Good thing they love gadgets as much as I do. My family, on the other hand, would flip but my money, my choice. I've been wanting to upgrade my phone for a while as it is and with the price drop, I think it's a great time for me to jump in!

Quick question, when do they send out the first bill? Since I know they ask you to pay for a month in advance and I was thinking about getting the iPhone on October 7th but it won't be possible if I'm billed right then and there. Activation fees, I can handle but was wondering about AT&T's billing. Thanks!

icenine

Sep 6, 2007
Hi everyone. I'm Pam. I joined yesterday during all the commotion so I thought I'd take a few minutes tonight to introduce myself. I've been reading all the helpful threads here since I bought my iPhone a month ago so I also wanted to thank everyone. I've gotten a lot of useful information here.

BTW, I love my iPhone! :laugh2:

nebster

Sep 7, 2007
Hey all just got my iPhone ordered last week and will get it wednesday. I'm pretty pumped about it and look forward to meeting everyone.

TheManInBlack

Sep 7, 2007
Louisiana
hey everyone, yesterday i picked up my iPhone..its an impressive gadget to say the least. i had a few questions about the phone and i thought id ask here. maybe you all can point me to the thread (if theres one) that can help me.

im wondering about battery life. i noticed it became drained fairly quickly since my charge this morning. it needs to be charged again right now. any tips or tricks i can do to stretch the life a lil bit?

i was wondering about mp3s used for ringtones..i downloaded a program last night that lets me select a 30 second portion of a song and make a tone out of it. its the trial version so i dunno how long it will last or how many songs it will let me do or what.

and lastly, wallpapers...what are some good sites to get them from? im lookin for any type of wallpaper really...photos of cars, scenery, hot women lol...etc etc etc....

anyways if you all have some advice, its welcomed...im lookin forward to checkin out the site more and more :cool:

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
all my new devices i charge it for 10hrs before uses it suppose to make it last longer atleast thats what ive been told

BigO.

Sep 8, 2007
Trying to figure out how to set-up my bellsouth email with my iPhone and found this website. Just wanted to say "hi"

Now, can't figure why I put "mail.bellsouth.net" for incoming and "smtp.bellsouth.net" for out going and still can't get it to run correctly. I've tried everything.

Love the phone but this and not being able to transmit my contacts through BT is upsetting.

mclemm

Sep 9, 2007
Just got my iPhone a week ago, learning to work with it. Phew was able to get my $212.00 back from Apple with no problems, made me smile and happy. Trying to learn how to do ringtones now. Hard, hard yet not giving up, Im a person that like to get new toys to play with, first razor , first zen m, then the zen w, ipod nano, so you will see me around learning and sharing what I've learned. mclemm:laugh2:

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Welcome to the forum! Your battery issues should get better with time, so I wouldn't worry about it too much (unless you are still having problems in a week~!)

Mike02z

Sep 10, 2007
Hello! I just purchased the iPhone on Saturday and am a gadget freak. I said I would never buy an iPhone as I hated AT&T (Cingular's) network but when the price dropped and I saw Steve Job's Keynote speech Friday night I knew I had to have one....So far I've been happy with my new phone. I'll be happier when all the accessories I bought arrive :) I'm hooked!

Mike02z

Sep 10, 2007
The network has been fine but I have not tried downloading a lot over Edge yet. I can get a good cell signal in my family room which is below grade and my Verizon phone gets no signal in there. All in all it's not too bad yet...:)