Say hello to our iPhone community!

Elwill63

Jan 20, 2012
Hi guys,
I would like some helpful info on my iPhone that fell in water and went off
And won't come back on.
I did went online and learn to open it and dry blow it, however it won't startup !

Can someone give a helpful tip on what or how to proceed,or is it a throw away item ?
Help !

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Hi guys,
I would like some helpful info on my iPhone that fell in water and went off
And won't come back on.
I did went online and learn to open it and dry blow it, however it won't startup !

Can someone give a helpful tip on what or how to proceed,or is it a throw away item ?
Help !
Depending on how long it's been, put it in a bag of rice and leave it in there for at least 24 hrs. The rice acts like the silica gel packs and absorbs moisture. don't try to power it on for that time frame either. Some people have done this for a few days and had some luck with it coming back to life.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hi every one !
Just a new friend on the blog !
Hey there. Welcome to eiC! And sorry to hear your iPhone wanted to get wet. The rice trick RoofMonkey mentioned is what I hear over and over.

Please do note that Rice-a-Roni is a no-no. The seasoning packet isn't likely to better your chances of a successful recovery. :D

Best of luck with that! Hope to see you around!

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Hey, Mike/Bladerunner. You've made a great choice for your first smartphone! What's your favorite feature on your 4S? Is it Lady Siri?

Glad you found us! Enjoy the forums, and if you have any questions, please shout!

Sent from my alphanumeric pager.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
Hey, welcome to the site ^^

As stated, dry rice seems to be the most effective in this situation due to its absorbency! I wish you luck with your phone!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Thanks guys.

@Mommy: I have some family from New Bedford as well, who have since moved to Fall River. :)
nice! I love it up there it's so peaceful. I'm a water kind of girl lol. Miss going on the beach picking periwinkles lol Is the antique warehouse still there?

Elwill63

Jan 20, 2012
Hey guys, I did use a dry heating blower the following day it happened, and yes I can say the blower did help a lot !
However I try charge it the next day after I used the blower and not a thing came on. I would say the
Motherboard got fried !

Thanks you all for your response and I'll keep you posted,or I will let you know that I am happy with the 4S next month !

Blade_Runner

Jan 19, 2012
Massachusetts
Hey, Mike/Bladerunner. You've made a great choice for your first smartphone! What's your favorite feature on your 4S? Is it Lady Siri?

Glad you found us! Enjoy the forums, and if you have any questions, please shout!
Siri is a great deal of fun, yes, and at times very useful, so I feel lucky in the sense that I waited and my first smartphone was the 4S and not the 4... but I would have to say my favorite feature is all the apps. In just a few short months I have four or five home screens with limitless possibilities. I also love being able to connect to WiFi. The interface of the phone in and of itself is so intuitive and easy to figure out, it's just great.

nice! I love it up there it's so peaceful. I'm a water kind of girl lol. Miss going on the beach picking periwinkles lol Is the antique warehouse still there?
I'm a water guy too, I just have to drive out a little bit because the water in my town and Fall River is... undesirable, lol. As for the antique warehouse, I haven't been up that way in a little while now, but if you're referring to the one at the Cove on W. Rodney French Blvd, it is still there as far as I know. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
Hello there. Kist thought I'd say hi! *waves*. iPhone 4s user. Had a iPhone 4 before that. Prior to that had a Desire. iPhone is just in a different league. Fancied talking with people about this phone we love.

Sent from my White 64gb iPhone 4s in a white Lifeproof Case using iCafe app