Say hello to our iPhone community!

danielle.

Bronze
May 9, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I've been using eic a bit more lately so I figured I'd give a nice little intro here.

My name is Danielle, hence the username. I'm a junior biology major at the University of Pittsburgh and I'll be 21 in April. I'm originally from Hershey, PA. I'm a huge Pittsburgh Penguins fan and go to all the games I can. (Thanks to $25 student tickets, ice level!)

Like everybody else in here, I'm kind of an Apple nerd. The first computer I remember my family having was a Macintosh SE. I acquired all my parents' old Macs growing up, and now I have my own. :D

Random fact: I got my first speeding ticket ever this morning. :( I've had my license for almost five years -- no tickets, no accidents. I was doing so well!

Reactions: chris

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Welcome. Or welcome back lol
I was just saying the other day need more hockey fans around here. :) (see the smiley Kevin)
Speeding tickets suck.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Oh the trips to Hershey park, I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Welcome back.

Steve Westgarth

Feb 19, 2012
Chester, UK
Hey up guys, my name is Steve, based in Chester UK. I run a Mobile app development company called Footsqueek and am always willing to offer advice and support to anyone interested in iOS development.

Feel free to drop me a line and say hello!

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Hi. I found this site when googling icons on screen. Still couldn't find the answer. I have an iPhone 4s and 2 days ago this purple arrow pointing upward appeared. Does anyone know what this is?

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Thank u! This makes sense since I was setting location services in Four Square app. Is it okay for it to be there? I mean, do most iPhone users have it appear like that?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Thank u! This makes sense since I was setting location services in Four Square app. Is it okay for it to be there? I mean, do most iPhone users have it appear like that?
Yes. But it usually disappears when you close out the app. I'm assuming you have closed out the app? There have been a few apps that have had bugs that caused it to stay on. I would close out the app completely by going into your task bar, holding the app until it jiggles and hitting the red 'x'. Location Services always being on will drain your battery faster.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
Thx again! I deleted the app and it went away! And, you're right, I noticed my battery was being juiced-out quicker. : )

phlux

Feb 19, 2012
Greeting everyone! My name is Kevin, and I just bought my 1st iPhone (4s) today and I absolutely love it! I have had a droid 2 and droid x over the past year and loved it once I rooted and rommed it. The great thing about this phone is that it works AWESOME out of the box! (no more tinkering woot!)

I hail from Montgomery, AL (Roll Tide!) but I am currently stationed in Houston, TX as a Marine Science Technician in the United States Coast Guard. I look forward to meeting all of you. Have a great weekend!

phlux

Feb 19, 2012
Perhaps I should add that I am also a proud owner of an iPad2 that I received for Christmas, and have NO IDEA how to sync it up with my iPhone 4s! Google awaits, I suppose!

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
Hello Kevin, welcome to EIC. Congratulations on both of your iDevice purchases. Always nice to have someone that came from a different platform so they can provide an honest perspective on both.