Screen Protectors and iPhone 6, 6 Plus

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I can confirm that the Apple leather case and ZAGG Glass work fine together.

I'd suggest returning the Glass to ZAGG and let them send you a replacement and then try it again...(says the guy that had Best Buy install theirs)...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I looked again and it appears the installer might have done a poor job. The home button alignment is off, thus not having 100 percent coverage. Question is, do I want to go down that path again and try a reinstall?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I looked again and it appears the installer might have done a poor job. The home button alignment is off, thus not having 100 percent coverage. Question is, do I want to go down that path again and try a reinstall?
Just drive down here and go to the Best Buy in Waldorf and have Ameeq apply it. I'll pay you back and buy you lunch.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I installed the Zagg Glass on my wife's iPhone 6 yesterday. It took several tries to get it right and it's still not providing 100 percent coverage of the display. I'm not referring to the curved edges, but the display itself. It's aligned well, with the home button having the proper spacing from the protector. With a case, it's not terribly noticeable, but I am slightly disappointed. If it were slightly wider, I'd be happier.
Exactly my point. I wish it was wider and longer. It doesn't cover enough of the screen. I was looking at the Amzer Crüsta. Looks like better coverage. Another member mentioned it (see my post below).

Last edited:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I just received an Amzer Crusta that I saw on a Facebook ad. I didn't buy it from their company site, but I did buy it from Amazon. It came with a tempered glass screen that I am considering removing my Anduro glass screen and putting this new one on since it has this white border that looks like it might be slightly wider and longer, and even curved edges while the Anduro I am using is not curved edges at all. That isn't really a bother, it is only noticeable when I use the home button. View attachment 39457View attachment 39458View attachment 39459View attachment 39460 I like the idea of the holster for the case, but it is huge. And it makes the plus look even larger than it is.

Sent using iCafe app
Did you install this yet? How's it look? I went on the company website and they ones with black and clear borders.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I remember that when my roommate had the Verizon people install the Zagg glass, they finally got it after three tries. It shouldn't be that difficult of an installation.

Reactions: MoneyMaker79

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I installed my Zagg glass on the 6 plus today and by dumb luck this install came out perfect!!!! I was skeptical about this screen protector at first but found it on amazon for 21 dollars and pulled the trigger, I'm glad I did, this screen looks awesome and it adds depth to the otherwise plain look of the iPhone screen

Reactions: silvermoon

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I installed my Zagg glass on the 6 plus today and by dumb luck this install came out perfect!!!! I was skeptical about this screen protector at first but found it on amazon for 21 dollars and pulled the trigger, I'm glad I did, this screen looks awesome and it adds depth to the otherwise plain look of the iPhone screen
You like the look of the lines? To me, nothing beats that plain, monolithic, flat, bare look of a black phone with no screen protector. I can't stand the lines from screen protectors. Of course, the downside is the screen might get scratched, but I'd rather chance that then look at lines all year. All I've ever gotten are microscratches that aren't very apparent and they don't affect resale value. Using one is personal preference, but I do find it interesting that it looks better to you with one. I wonder how many other people find that it enhances the look of the phone. If I was going to get one, I'd go with Zagg. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
You like the look of the lines? To me, nothing beats that plain, monolithic, flat, bare look of a black phone with no screen protector. I can't stand the lines from screen protectors. Of course, the downside is the screen might get scratched, but I'd rather chance that then look at lines all year. All I've ever gotten are microscratches that aren't very apparent and they don't affect resale value. Using one is personal preference, but I do find it interesting that it looks better to you with one. I wonder how many other people find that it enhances the look. If I was going to get one, I'd go with Zagg. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
I agree with you but I do like the lines, it adds depth, they just look cool to me :)

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
You like the look of the lines? To me, nothing beats that plain, monolithic, flat, bare look of a black phone with no screen protector. I can't stand the lines from screen protectors. Of course, the downside is the screen might get scratched, but I'd rather chance that then look at lines all year. All I've ever gotten are microscratches that aren't very apparent and they don't affect resale value. Using one is personal preference, but I do find it interesting that it looks better to you with one. I wonder how many other people find that it enhances the look of the phone. If I was going to get one, I'd go with Zagg. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
The poor fit and lines of the Zagg glass on my iPhone 6, are annoying me. Why couldn't they make a screen protector that fits the screen better like on the iPhone 5? Might have to bite the bullet and buy the Krïstal by Amzer. It's supposed to cover more.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
The poor fit and lines of the Zagg glass on my iPhone 6, are annoying me. Why couldn't they make a screen protector that fits the screen better like on the iPhone 5? Might have to bite the bullet and buy the Krïstal by Amzer. It's supposed to cover more.
I didn't experience poor fit with mine, maybe you got a defective unit. The curved edges make it difficult if not impossible to achieve full coverage on the 6/6+

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I didn't experience poor fit with mine, maybe you got a defective unit. The curved edges make it difficult if not impossible to achieve full coverage on the 6/6+
It a perfect fit. I meant there's too much screen all the way around that's not covered. Like there's no way to perfect a screen protector to cover the curved edges? The Germans with their Amzer Kristäl protector claim to cover the curves.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
It a perfect fit. I meant there's too much screen all the way around that's not covered. Like there's no way to perfect a screen protector to cover the curved edges? The Germans with their Amzer Kristäl protector claim to cover the curves.
is it a glass or soft protector they are claiming ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
A perfectly-placed, high-quality, non-glass screen protector on the old phones was difficult to see unless you looked that the speaker and home button. Those were the only two places that stood out. Because of the curved glass on the 6, a Zagg stands out on all of the edges and significantly more than the old ones around the home button since it's not just a circular cutout. I might get used to it with time, but I'm anal and those lines really bug me.

Reactions: EverythingApple

Mike12345

Nov 13, 2014
Have you guys put any screen protector onto your new phones yet? Do you guys think that the water installation styles are the most reliable or is it just baloney? Has anybody tried infiniti protectors on amazon? What about skinomi?

Last edited by a moderator:

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Have you guys put any screen protector onto your new phones yet? Do you guys think that the water installation styles are the most reliable or is it just baloney? Has anybody tried infiniti protectors on amazon? What about skinomi?
I've put Zagg glass on my phone which would count as a screen protector just like many other iPhone users on this forum. I haven't tried any of the water installation styles but the iPhone holds up well in water so unless you are taking your iPhone for a swim or going in the lake or river with it, I don't see that you would need a water case. Also, no to the infiniti protectors or skinomi.