Screen Protectors and iPhone 6, 6 Plus

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I just finished my second Zagg Glass install. It went off without a hitch. On their site, they show the install process with the phone horizontally. I think that's a bad idea. You want to align the glass with your home button. For the most part, everything else will fall in line if you get that right. I also think the yellow backing doesn't help when lining up. They should make it clear.

I literally peeled the plastic off a new iPhone and applied the Glass. That's the way to do it. No cleaning the screen. Boom, straight from the factory to glass. If Apple offered an add-on to have these or something like it installed, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I like the added protection. I've got mine paired with a brown Apple leather case, thanks to @Europa who posted some awesome picks of the space gray/brown combo.

Reactions: silvermoon

Keukawater

Bronze
Sep 10, 2014
It's a little late, but there is still time to get Zagg glass for 1/2 price on the Zagg website as part of their cyber Monday. Just ordered a tempered glass protector for my daughter's Air 2 that we got her for Christmas, and a spare tempered glass for my 6 plus.

Redhotchili

Bronze
Feb 19, 2012
I read all the posts on this thread and no one mentioned the Tech 21 screen protector ! It was highly recommended to me by a couple of the ppl at the Apple Store at Pentagon City mall. They were sold out so ordered there at the store and I had them put it on for me when it arrived. Only annoying issue is that dust collects on the bit of screen that isn't covered btwn protector and phone case.

chabscity

Jul 1, 2015
Does anyone have any experience with iloome? Was recommended by a coworker who had their tempered glass which also claimed to protect the curved edges and looks like the German one too but also had case problems. She swears by them though because apparently they're better quality...can anyone confirm this?? Quick Amazon search shows mixed reviews like the others. I haven't used tempered glass yet so I'm trying to get a good idea of what's available before I get anything

Tattooed Alex

Genius
Gold
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I've never used the brand you mentioned, but I do use tempered glass protectors on both my phones and my wife and daughters. I use Zagg tempered glass and I have also used the cheap eBay tempered glass. I can't say if the Zagg feels any better. My daughter dropped her iPhone 6 and the tempered glass cracked, but her phone screen was fine and it was one of the eBay glass protectors. I have a Zagg glass protector on my 6 Plus and I have a pretty deep scratch across it. I am super careful with my keys and change never going in the same pocket so I am unsure how it got scratched. IMO they all work well by keeping the iPhone screen safe and also feel much nicer than the old plastic film protectors we used in the past.

Reactions: Target

chabscity

Jul 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply! So I ended up letting my coworker "convince" me just to have something to talk about ;) and was also lucky enough to get iloome's iphone 6 version 2 glass for $6 on amazon this past weekend for their 4th of july sale :D but no complaints so far, feels nice, fits perfectly with my incipio stowaway case, and aside from being thick it looks pretty flush, especially with the case on. Only issue I'm having is the same dust collecting between case and glass issue, which seems unavoidable if I'm going to put my phone in my pocket, but overall I'm liking it a lot!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Spencerdl

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 8, 2015
I went with Zagg GLASS. I've been using Zagg since my Blackberry days and I like their products and no questions asked replacement guarantee.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
With the iLoome, it looks like the edge of the 'front covering' would eventually get caught in ones pocket or something and then start to peel away, no?

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I had a Bodyguardz screen protector that I really liked other than I could never keep clean. I could at least get 6 Plus screen clean by itself. Not sure if that is normal with tempered glass. Anyway, I dropped my phone and Bodyguardz cracked. Not sure the drop would have shattered the 6P's glass. Actually I know it wouldn't have. I'm not totally disappointed, but not sure they are worth the price. For the price of a screen protector, I think I may go with just a case and no screen protector.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I had a Bodyguardz screen protector that I really liked other than I could never keep clean. I could at least get 6 Plus screen clean by itself. Not sure if that is normal with tempered glass. Anyway, I dropped my phone and Bodyguardz cracked. Not sure the drop would have shattered the 6P's glass. Actually I know it wouldn't have. I'm not totally disappointed, but not sure they are worth the price. For the price of a screen protector, I think I may go with just a case and no screen protector.
You can get the Bodyguardz screen protector replaced. And I'm sure, your iPhone screen would've cracked.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Heh. I dropped a router (!) on my Plus and the Zagg tempered glass protector took the bullet.
Did the Zagg shatter? My sister had a Zagg tempered glass protector (installed by AT&T) on her 6 when she dropped it. Both the Zagg and the iPhone's screen shattered. :( It landed on tile, on the upper right corner of the phone. I haven't heard if she tried to pursue replacement costs for the screen or the Zagg.