Screencast: How do I like a post and where do I find who liked my posts?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

Best viewed in HD in full screen mode.

One of the most exciting changes on the new everythingiCafe forums is the introduction of native support for the *like* feature. How many times have you found yourself browsing a particular topic and would like acknowledge that you *like* a post. With the new *like* feature, you can simply select 'like'. A link will appear below the post that shows you "liked" this post. If other users *like* that same posts, their names will also appear. Note: While we offer integration and sign up via Facebook on the new forums, it's not required to use the 'Like' feature. You simply need to be a registered member of everythingiCafe.

Using the drop down menu at the top right, you can see how many likes you've received and specifically who might have liked your posts. This could be a good way to find other members who have similar interests (or sense of humor) and a great way to find people to follow.

Last edited:

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
Sorry to be negative....but I hate the idea of a "like" button.... Next you will see big signatures at the bottom of each post "Hit Like if I Helped" seen this sort of rubbish to many times...

Progress is never an easy path...

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Sorry to be negative....but I hate the idea of a "like" button.... Next you will see big signatures at the bottom of each post "Hit Like if I Helped" seen this sort of rubbish to many times...

Disagree. Even when the "thanks" button was around, no one ever had that in their signatures here.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

There will be modified forum rules regarding misuse of the like system. We'll include something along these lines.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Who cares what motivates people to help? At least they're contributing. We argue about this every time.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Who cares what motivates people to help? At least they're contributing. We argue about this every time.
Agreed. The new system rewards quality posts, deemed by likes received, which is better than what we have now (entirely post # based).

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Agreed. There were a ton of them during the everythingQ days.

fijiman brings up a good point and something we can tackle before the system even starts.
Not to go of topic, but was everythingQ, another one of your sites? I was a member there before switching to the iPhone and Apple. I have no idea what my screen name was though. It seems like that was so long ago. lol

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Not to go of topic, but was everythingQ, another one of your sites? I was a member there before switching to the iPhone and Apple. I have no idea what my screen name was though. It seems like that was so long ago. lol
For a while, everythingQ.com was my largest site. That site blew up, then Motorola discontinued the Q and jumped to Android.

It's been migrated to everythingWM.com -- which is primarily a Windows Phone site.