Screencast: How to update your status and follow other members

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

Best viewed in HD in full screen mode.

What's a status update and how do I update my status?
A status update simply lets people who follow you or view your profile to know what's happening with you. This could be a mundane update such "Having a case of the Monday's" or "Bummed that Pia Toscono got voted off IDOL". For some, it could be directly related. "Waiting for the white iPhone".

It's doesn't have to be related to the iPhone or it could. It's a way to further personalize your experience with friends and members. Members can comment on your status, similar to Facebook.

To update your status, select the drop-down menu and post your status at the bottom where it says, "Update your status". You have 140 characters in this field. Another easy way to update your status is to click on your username and select "View Profile". This will take you to your profile page where you can view your previous status updates and have the opportunity to create a new status update.

How do I follow someone and create my personal activity stream?

You might find members on the site with similar interests or perhaps there is one particular member with plenty of know-how. On everythingiCafe, you can create your own personal activity stream with members you follow. There are a few ways to starting following people.

• Click on their username while you are in a thread. Go ahead, click on mine. See that nifty pop-up. Select the 'follow' button.
  • Click on your name at the top right of the navigation and select "people you follow". Enter names in the Follow box. To add more than one, simply separate names with a comma.

Now place your mouse over your name up in the top right of the navigation and select News Feed. This will populate with posts, likes and status updates from members you follow. If a member you follow updates their avatar, you'll know about it. Your personalized news feed personalizes your experience at eiC.

Status updates, ability to follow members with similar interests are just a few of the exciting improvements coming to everythingiCafe.