Screencast: How to upload photos and create a slideshow

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY

To upload photos on the new everythingiCafe, simply select 'Upload File' before submitting your post. You'll have the option to add one or more photos. The photos will upload at the bottom, where you can choose how they should appear in the post. You can select 'thumbnail', 'full image' or 'all as thumbnail'. If you choose thumbnails, other members can view your photos in a pop-up slideshow format.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Sounds like, yet another, great feature! The suspense is killing us... You know that don't you? :D

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Hey Chris, sorry to bother you but I will. Am I missing something, is there a way to post pictures from the iPad version directly from the app without going into the safari version? When using the safari version on the iPad everything seems ok until you try to browse to the image from the dialog box. Browsing is not active.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hey Chris, sorry to bother you but I will. Am I missing something, is there a way to post pictures from the iPad version directly from the app without going into the safari version? When using the safari version on the iPad everything seems ok until you try to browse to the image from the dialog box. Browsing is not active.
Photos via the iPad app is much different. I haven't done any testing of photo uploads using Safari on the iPad. I'll certainly look into it.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Photos via the iPad app is much different. I haven't done any testing of photo uploads using Safari on the iPad. I'll certainly look into it.
Thank you is there a thread to go to for step by step instructions for attaching photos with the new app in both the iPhone and the iPad?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thank you is there a thread to go to for step by step instructions for attaching photos with the new app in both the iPhone and the iPad?
Yes, I'd like to do some videos of the app. After the next release, I'll be tackling those. Right now, I'm hoping to get a maintenance release out to fix up some of the issues.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Thank you. I highlighted the header it turned yellow chose quote and got a choice to attach from camera or file. Choose file and nothing happened. Also the same for camera. I am running on IOS 4.3.3 and iPhone. I will try iPad latter