SGP Ultra Crystal iPhone 4 screen protector.

krisobe

Jul 20, 2007
WOW. All I can say. I had the powersupport ultra clear with the 3GS, and this SGP ultra clear blows the powersupport out of the water. It's like theres nothing on the screen. No rainbow effects, no bubbles, I'm thrilled. Easy to put on. The thickness of the protector is perfect. My iPhone 4 feels secure now. :) I can live happy from now on, not worrying about getting any scratches on my beloved screen. :eek:k:eek:k

funkeruski

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I got my crystal earlier this week. It is a nice product, but mine doesn't stick completely around the earpiece, and it's a common issue with these. I haven't tried my second film to see if it has the same issue. Hope you get one without this issue.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
i got the oleophobic SGP screen protector, and its the bomb g
Okay, I ordered this one too and I'm waiting for it. Is it really clear like the Crystal one? Let me know. I'm concerned that it might have a dull finish.

I also ordered a full body Matte finish set too. You get complete coverage with that, but now I'm like, I can't use all that coverage because the cases won't allow for the entire phone to be covered when you want to use the cases. So I figured I could return the Matte full body and just use the oleophobic.

{StatuSChecKa}

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2010
NorCal
Great to hear, I ordered the Full Body SGP two days ago. I hope it stays on well in my pocket, along with a Belkin case. I don't plan on using the side protection that comes with it, just the front and back.

joeg679

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Nice, I ordered the full body a few days ago and should have it shortly. I plan on using it on the entire phone and keeping the bumper off, hopefully it will work out

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
Okay, I ordered this one too and I'm waiting for it. Is it really clear like the Crystal one? Let me know. I'm concerned that it might have a dull finish.

I also ordered a full body Matte finish set too. You get complete coverage with that, but now I'm like, I can't use all that coverage because the cases won't allow for the entire phone to be covered when you want to use the cases. So I figured I could return the Matte full body and just use the oleophobic.
oh yes. mine is ULTRA clear, and it feels just like the iPhone screen itself. you will be happy about the purchase! it repels all oils, so if you just ate some bacon with your bare hands (as i do), its so easy to wipe off with no smearing

CyberData4

Bronze
Jun 16, 2009
New York
Agreed, it really is crystal clear. But I got ONE damn little piece of barely visible lint on it and now there's a tiny bubble. But it's not on the screen itself, so I'm just gonna leave it out of fear of doing it even worse the next time, lol.

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
Agreed, it really is crystal clear. But I got ONE damn little piece of barely visible lint on it and now there's a tiny bubble. But it's not on the screen itself, so I'm just gonna leave it out of fear of doing it even worse the next time, lol.
don't man, i wouldn't suggest it lol. its going to drive you absolutely nuts, like it did me. What a lot of people say is take some scotch tape and place it on the screen protector to lift it up. with your other hand, wrap scotch tape around you finger tip sticky side out to gently remove lint/particles, and try not to allow any more lint back in. then wala.

BUT heres how i did mines when i had some lint stuck underneath. I just took the whole screen protector off with the scotch tape, and then rinsed the sticky side under warm water -- gently. then i placed the screen protector back on while wet. i then just took the squeegee and squeezed all the water out. many ppl fear doing this method since the backside has adhesive, but i did it, and it worked like a charm. so there ya go

MoJoe

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
www.joebeleznay.com
Easy Fix = Steady hands and a Single Hole puncher.
unfortunately someone tried that already on the thread, didn't work well, he mentioned you need a very powerful and precise hole puncher to do it right. I think he said it creased the entire skin and made it unusable.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Mine is in the mail. Intend to use just on the back (still have the cling film from shipping on there now so I can set it down without scratching), but if it's really as good as you all say may try the front as well. Got the one that has the crystal finish on both the front and back. Also planning to use just part of the side protection over the critical antenna issue area to see if it helps.

Timerthy

Bronze
Jan 31, 2009
Houston, tx
I ALWAYS get lint under the screen protector...no matter how good I clean it etc there's that ooone little piece that sneaks in.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have sent back my SGP screen protectors, Anti-Fingerprint, Oleophobic, and Ultra Clear, asking for a refund. No matter how many times I try putting it on I get bubbles. I tolerated it with the 3GS but now with the retina display on the 4 I will not tolerate this.

I have ordered the Body Guardz screen protector and will give that a try.

Perplex

Silver
Jul 5, 2008
Columbus, GA
www.myspace.com
I ALWAYS get lint under the screen protector...no matter how good I clean it etc there's that ooone little piece that sneaks in.
they say to prevent this, run your bathroom steamy with the shower on, and install it while steam is still fresh in the air. this will add moisture/weight to any particles and make them fall (?) i dunno the exact science to that lol but sure does sound convincing. anyway, a lot of people found success in doing that for no lint