Shazam: The Most Amazing Application I've Ever Seen. Ever.

DanDigital

Jul 15, 2007
Say you are watching a TV show, or a movie, or listening to the radio, or out at a bar, and you hear a song, and you wonder, boy, who is this?
With Shazam, you hit a button on the iPhone, the phone "listens" to the song for about ten seconds and then tells you what song it is.
Its the most incredible thing I've seen on a mobile phone. I have no idea how it works, other than magic. I tried testing it with some really obscure music and Shazam got it right, every time. Not only that, but I was watching a movie, and a song was playing in the background. From ten feet away Shazam was able to recognize the background music in the movie I was watching. Its incredible and its free. You HAVE to get this app.

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
free for now

Say you are watching a TV show, or a movie, or listening to the radio, or out at a bar, and you hear a song, and you wonder, boy, who is this?
With Shazam, you hit a button on the iPhone, the phone "listens" to the song for about ten seconds and then tells you what song it is.
Its the most incredible thing I've seen on a mobile phone. I have no idea how it works, other than magic. I tried testing it with some really obscure music and Shazam got it right, every time. Not only that, but I was watching a movie, and a song was playing in the background. From ten feet away Shazam was able to recognize the background music in the movie I was watching. Its incredible and its free. You HAVE to get this app.
It is free for a limited time... I think other phones have had this and it was a monthly service fee to use it.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
It is free for a limited time... I think other phones have had this and it was a monthly service fee to use it.
yes it is a monthly fee
att phones have it and they charge you - kinda like mobile tv or whatever

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
they better not start charging me without my ok'ing it.

that said.. id keep it around for free because its neat but by no means a necessity so i wouldn't pay for it.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
There is another free app (for now?) that does the same thing called Midomi, but their server is constantly down. Assuming they figure that out, it might be an alternative if Shazam starts charging.

DanDigital

Jul 15, 2007
Its truly amazing technology. I'd love to know how it works but it would probably make my brain explode.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Dude you don't how useful this would be to me!
-They're are so many 80s,90s, and early millennium songs that Ive heard and just don't remember the name or recognize the artist! This will surely be my first app thanks :)
laugh2:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
With Midomi, you can speak the lyrics to a song & it will give the the info. You can also hum the tune & it will do the same. It's really nice!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I dabbled in Shazam earlier today and I am thoroughly impressed. I went through my mom's iTunes which has some rather remote songs and it recognized nearly all of them. I can understand paying a one-time fee but I can't say that I would subscribe to a monthly service fee for it.

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Yep, just downloaded it and tested it before I saw this thread.

It really is awsome!

Just hope they don't start charging for it...