Shipped Notification......carrier UPS?

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Just got my iPad shipped notification from Apple. Everything I have ever ordered from them comes by Fedex. UPS does NOT deliver on Saturday unless you pay for that kind of delivery. Email states will deliver BY April 3rd. Hmmm

Mickeylittle

Zealot
Gold
Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Just got my iPad shipped notification from Apple. Everything I have ever ordered from them comes by Fedex. UPS does NOT deliver on Saturday unless you pay for that kind of delivery. Email states will deliver BY April 3rd. Hmmm
Who would complain if it's 2 days early!

brobar

Mar 19, 2010
Coming from Shenzhen, China we better hope it is AIR instead of boat! =)

UPS is notorious for letting an item sit in their warehouse 'till the estimated delivery date even if it arrives at the warehouse 2-3 days early. I have no doubt one or two of these may "slip" out early but doubtful many will.

JCat

Mar 29, 2010
NYC, New York
I wish it were FedEx, but I can tell you, both UPS and FedEx deliver on Saturday - but both couriers charge an extra fee for this service. My bet is, due to the immense amount of shipments, UPS probably waved the fee for Saturday delivery aside from the massive shipping discount Apple must get.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
UPS will not deliver until sat and they will its probably included in your FREE SHIPPING

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007

UPS is notorious for letting an item sit in their warehouse 'till the estimated delivery date even if it arrives at the warehouse 2-3 days early. I have no doubt one or two of these may "slip" out early but doubtful many will.
Quite the opposite judging by my experiences with them. I often get packages rescheduled to arrive earlier their original delivery estimate.

I wish it were FedEx, but I can tell you, both UPS and FedEx deliver on Saturday - but both couriers charge an extra fee for this service. My bet is, due to the immense amount of shipments, UPS probably waved the fee for Saturday delivery aside from the massive shipping discount Apple must get.
I hate FEDEX with a passion. Damaged packages, not waiting for you to get to the door, and they wouldn't deliver the original iPhone to my house because they considered my 2 family house an apartment building and refused to delivery because there was no apartment number on the delivery address. And yes I did call them to tell them that it's a private house but it fell on deaf ears. I had to drive to their distribution center to get my phone.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal

I think Fed Ex does this more than UPS does.
But I can't say I've seen UPS in my neighborhood on Saturdays. Fed ex yes, UPS no, but the funny thing is Apple usually always sends Fed Ex.