Since I got an iPhone, my productivity at work has...

Since I got an iPhone, my productivity at work has...

• Gone through the roof!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Plunged to the ground and started digging!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Mostly improved, but I have my bad days.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Remained unchanged.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Productivity, Schproductivity (They don't pay me enough to worry about that!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
I, like many iPhone owners, tend to want to use my phone at every given opportunity, even for the most mundane activities, such as checking the time, even though I wear a wrist-watch. I have a laptop but often prefer to use my iPhone. When I'm at work, not all of the use of my iPhone is necessary or incidental to my work and, even when it is, I've sometimes found myself deviating from work-related use and engrossed in, for instance, social networking to a point that I needed to stay afterhours or take work home to make up for the "lost" time (I bill by the hour). I try to rationalize that I work too hard anyway and can afford some down time. Does any one else have similar or better experience with their iPhone?

Please take the poll and share your thoughts and/or advice.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Well, in my case, I use my phone for work a lot. So while I'm working, it's used 95% of the time for work.

But while I'm not working, it's the exact opposite. I'd say maybe 5% of the use while not at work is for productivity. I'm on my computer a lot, and even when I go to bed, my iPhone goes with me, and I end up surfing or playing a game for another 30 mins to a hour before I sleep. :rolleyes:

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I've threatened to quit if the touch my phone. I'll gnaw their arms off! I have 2 jobs. One I don't care about at all, and productivity there has ceased. The other job is way too much fun, and I forget I even have my phone until it rings.

iPhoneOptimized

Sep 14, 2009
The iPhone I use was received through a work assignment, and I must say it's been productive. As a web developer I love to try new things and creating some basic iPhone sites was inspired by the great safari browser. In my opinion, anyone who uses the internet avidly for work could increase productivity with an iPhone.