Sirius on iPhone

Dannnn

Jul 26, 2007
I haven't tried this yet but I'm going to monkey with this tonight.

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=9582097&postcount=1

I have also thought the ultimate portable audio/music device would be a Sirius receiver and an Ipod.

Well after reading a couple of other posts on this topic I can now hear Howard Stern live on my iPhone!

You need the following:

1) http://www.millardsoftware.com/uSirius (this runs on your local PC and connects over the internet to Sirius using your Sirius account).

The setup is pretty straight forward - just enter your Sirius account info and it will do everything else. Click on URLs to get the URLs for each Sirius channel you want.

2) Sign up with http://orb.com/ and install the local client on the same PC that you installed uSirius.

3) Set up Internet Radio Favorites on mycast.orb.com (cut/paste the URLs from uSirius for Howard 100, 101) for each Sirius channel you want.

4) Login to mycast.orb.com from Safari on your iPhone and select the favorite that you created. Listen away!

It works well over Wifi. However, I have to wait to go back to the states to see how well it will work over Edge on ATT as it's too expensive to use on Rogers, currently

Note there seems to be a bug, on the first connect from Safari, it will crash, just try again and it will stream quite well for a long time.

OH BTW live365 Internet channels also work in the same manner (Get the URL from iTunes get info after trying on your PC). iPhone also works well as a remote control for my SqueezeBox.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I can listen to Sirius live!

you don't need flash. Read the instructions above this post. A guest of howardforums wrote that a few days ago. The software downloads are simple and its all free. I've bee listening to HOWARD stern all night. The only tricky part isadding the URL to the orb Internet radio favs. I'll poztscreen shots tomorrow. And if any of you are stuck and need help just reply here. It will buzz me and I'll reply in a few minutes as long as I'm not sleeping

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
you don't need flash. Read the instructions above this post. A guest of howardforums wrote that a few days ago. The software downloads are simple and its all free. I've bee listening to HOWARD stern all night. The only tricky part isadding the URL to the orb Internet radio favs. I'll poztscreen shots tomorrow. And if any of you are stuck and need help just reply here. It will buzz me and I'll reply in a few minutes as long as I'm not sleeping

I have a couple of issues with this working:

1) USirius will not connect to server (says bad name and password, but the name and pass work when i log in to Sirius directly) is this related to the fact that you have to enter the text/numbers from the image when logging into Sirius direct?

2) Orb will not recognize that it is running on my PC (which it is) keeps saying you must have orb installed and running...

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I just set this up to listen to my Sirius...man does it work great...finally a solution that allows me to listen to Howard where ever and whenever I want! Thanks for the post

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Holy crap this just made my day if this really is true.........I have been waiting for a solution to this for ever!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::

I am going to try it out later and if this works as described I will be the happiest person alive.:p:p:p

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I have a couple of issues with this working:

1) USirius will not connect to server (says bad name and password, but the name and pass work when i log in to Sirius directly) is this related to the fact that you have to enter the text/numbers from the image when logging into Sirius direct?

2) Orb will not recognize that it is running on my PC (which it is) keeps saying you must have orb installed and running...
Are you entering in a user name for uSirius or the email? And youre going to uSirius settings to enter the info in?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Sorry, but could you explain what that means?
A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to determine whether the user is human. "CAPTCHA" is an acronym for "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart".

Or in other words....

The letters and numbers you have to type to log in to a bunch sites.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
i don't know if it has a catpha thingy but it works just fine. uSirius access the radio channel for Sirius via your user name and password from Sirius. then you take the url from uSirius and paste it in the internet radio favorites in orb. you have you have your computer on and uSirius running to stream the music, but you can stream it anywhere in the world. you guys couold even use my Sirius stream to listen to howard, you wont need your own account. just download mycast.orb.com and ill give you the link to post in your internet favorites so you can see for yourself.

Coolstrategist

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
I followed the instructions and now I have streaming Sirius channels. Very nice!

I did not have a single problem. But you are correct that there is a bug that causes a crash when you first start streaming. From then on it is GREAT.

Thanks.

LD3

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
The simple instructions worked great for me. I have been wanting to get Howard on Sirius since I purchased the iPhone. Works perfect on wifi. Great tip! ++

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Are you entering in a user name for uSirius or the email? And youre going to uSirius settings to enter the info in?

ok im an idiot forgot the Sirius internet pass was diff to the Sirius log in pass...

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com

ok im an idiot forgot the Sirius internet pass was diff to the Sirius log in pass...
Ok so open uSirius and click settings. Then enter in your Sirius user name, NOT EMAIL. Then enter in password. don't enter in anything else. Try that. It still not working then uninstall uSirius and re install after you reboot pc. Your on pc right? I don't know if it works with mac. Once connected it will say so in the box with all the writing but nothing other than that should happen. Let me know if your still having trouble after that.

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Ok so open uSirius and click settings. Then enter in your Sirius user name, NOT EMAIL. Then enter in password. don't enter in anything else. Try that. It still not working then uninstall uSirius and re install after you reboot pc. Your on pc right? I don't know if it works with mac. Once connected it will say so in the box with all the writing but nothing other than that should happen. Let me know if your still having trouble after that.

Ok i have it all working...well not really...

I have USirius working and running
I have Orb running
I have created a customs internet radio link and pasted the http URl like:

http://192.XXX.X.X:19080/feeds/lineup.xml?bandwidth=low&category=cathowardstern&genre=howard100&r=1186113037

now when i go to my iPhone log in and click on my made Howard 100 link it plays a 1 second quicktime and that is it.. I do see the request coming into the uSirius server and the server running, but after the 1 second thats it, nothing...Now i can stream one of the ORb stations just fine (BBC)

any ideas what i have missed?

brittt1

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
Sounds like you got it working. It sometimes freezes. Try clearing safaris history cache and cookies. Restart the phone and then try again. That should work

nah, did all that and it still isn't working..maybe im just doing the setup in orb wrong, url etc ...too tired to figure it out now...thanks.