Sirius on iPhone

sab3083

Oct 4, 2007
im just setting this all up now, and everything is working fine, but when i go onto my favorites on the orb site on my phone and click howard 100 or 101 (those are the only 2 links i have up there) it says download i click download, and it says download complete, but nothing plays, can anyone help me?

jacko617

Jan 10, 2008
Feeling Frustrated

ok, I have read now 17 pages of common problems and I'm still stuck.

Here's where I am at so far:
USirius - running fine
I can connect through my desktop computer to USirius.

BUT, on my iPhone i can login to ORB, I see the channel (Howard) that I have created. I click on the icon, new web page opens, and it is completely black. any thoughts?

-----------------------------------------
Update: I'm an idiot. Security settings for Safari were screwed up.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I did this once before with xm to listen to opie and anthony I was running into a similar problem and just gave up. I spent hours to just get nothing

mls412

Mar 18, 2008
Issues at the last stage

Ok i put together a word document Tutorial on how to set up Sirius....

any changes let me know

http://www.savefile.com/files/942721
Brittt,

Thanks for the great tutorial! I've been able to get uSirius and ORB running just fine. I can even listen to the Sirius Stream through ORB. I can even access ORB through the iPhone and get to Howard 100 and then to the Quicktime screen. However, when I press play, the audio plays for about 3 seconds, then immediately reverts back to the screen with the "play button". This happens while I'm on my wifi connection. Any thoughts as to what is going on?

Thanks for your help!

OhWhyMe

Bronze
Jan 17, 2008
I know this has been discussed on these forums but I wanted to see if there are any new/updated ways to do this besides orb. I heard something about Starplayr but I don't think its out for the iPhone yet.

I have orb, the other day I log on and all of my internet and Sirius Radio channels are gone, I try to add them again and it says it adds them but they arent showing up, any thoughts? I am running this on a PC with Windows Vista, everything worked fine before and I can still get into my music folders on my PC.

sleeks

Mar 27, 2008
Help! and Thanks

Here is where I am at

Orb and USirius 1.0RC7 installed on a Vista Laptop

I can listen to Sirius channels that i have loaded into orb on the laptop.

I previously had my ports blocked, so I did the port forwarding and still I can listen through the laptop just fine.

Whenever I try the iPhone, it just gives me a screen with a radio tower and the channel name with no place to press play. Is vista the problem. I have an XP computer I was going to try next, but I really don't want to go through all of this again if that isn't the issue.

I also shut off and turned on the iPhone .... and it didn't hep

If I hit the play all button instead of the individual channel, it shows the quicktime logo and then it switches to a play button with a line through it (like a no smoking sign except the cigarrette is the play button)

I'm guessing its just Vista although I'm not a router expert so maybe I just did the port forwarding wrong.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Nice forum BTW.:cool:

Slinkyfm

Mar 17, 2009
Slinky.fm - SHOUTcast iPhone stream

We have launched our trance music station and have just used a stream provider who can stream our SHOUTcast stream to the iPhone you can try it here http://m.slinky.fm works great driving around with the iPhone connected to the car!