SiriusXM for Your iPhone is Here!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I love Sirius. This would have been a killer app for me. Now I can put it next to Sling Player Mobile -- another killer app for me that will never get approved.

d55

Jun 3, 2008
Updated: NiceMac Press Release

NiceMac is made up of 4 members all of which have always been die-hard fans of Sirius and XM. Over the years we have individually contributed to the ad-hoc player offerings available for Sirius XM internet content. Last year, we all had the fortune of crossing paths at which time we decided to band together and focus on helping deliver Sirius XM content to subscribers everywhere and anywhere.

Update: As of yesterday, the uSirius StarPlayr Application for iPhone still had a status of "In Review" with Apple. Later in the evening we became aware that the application was not rejected, however could not be approved at this time.

As fans, we are committed to continuing to work with all parties involved as necessary in any capacity required to see this product to market. It is our goal, as it has always been, to release this application at as low of a price point as possible, if not free of charge.

We thank all of our supporters and users of our current offerings, as well as those who have been patiently waiting and Beta testing while we work to bring uSirius StarPlayr for iPhone to market.

Sincerely,
The NiceMac Team
Don't be a slacker. Be a starplayer.
Last Updated on Friday, 27 February 2009 09:27

http://nicemac.com/

nashman222

Mar 28, 2009
Nashville, Tennessee
Sirius XM through Pocket Tunes

This may be old news, but I found that I can get Sirius XM through an App titled Pocket Tunes ($9.99). The sound quality isn't the best, but not too bad. A word of caution - you will need to log into Sirius Media Player during the process and you need to know your username and password exactly. I goofed and literally had to remove and reinstall the app to get a second chance.
Here is a link to show how to install.
http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/55/292/article/http://www.normsoft.com/products/iPhone/pockettunes/

Hope this helps.

everythingsmores

Feb 11, 2009
Oh my goodness thanks so much for repeating this tip. I have PocketTunes for the iPhone and just got the Sirius working fine.
The sound quality is excellent 128 its coming up in the media player (I have the premium online subscription service)
Thanks again.

TheLex

Bronze
Apr 10, 2008
Player not launching

I've tried this approach, but the player doesn't launch. I browsed to the xm site, logged in and clicked on "listen now" but no luck. Did u folks add the station in pocket tunes? Any suggestions? Thanks.

nashman222

Mar 28, 2009
Nashville, Tennessee
Player not launching

Open Sirius media player within pocket tunes. Use this link:
http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/55/292/article/
hopefully it will help.

Also - I didn't realize I had one username and password for "My Account" and a separate one for listening online. Be sure you can login to media player on your computer before trying it in Pocket Tunes.
Also - you can only be logged into media player in one place at a time. So don't be logged in on your computer and try launching it on your phone at the same time. (I was told)

everythingsmores

Feb 11, 2009
TheLex,
The only thing I can think of is that after you click on the channel in the web view a submenu pops up that is to the right of where you clicked, and you have to click on the channel again. Hope that makes sense. That happened to me the first time around, but it does indeed work.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
I've tried this approach, but the player doesn't launch. I browsed to the xm site, logged in and clicked on "listen now" but no luck. Did u folks add the station in pocket tunes? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Are you able to logon with a normal computer. A friend's account got screwed up when they made the change for "pay for internet" access. She couldn't login even though she paid for it since the change late March. She had to call to get her account straightened out.

everythingsmores

Feb 11, 2009
Yes, it works the same way. The browser within pocket tunes is just using the internet in the same way as when you sign in on regular computer.
Good luck with it.

TheLex

Bronze
Apr 10, 2008
Thanks for all the suggestions; but, still, no luck on getting media player to launch. I'm pretty familiar with Pocket Tunes. I've found several internet streams using the app that I listen to frequently. And, I am able to listen to XM and Sirius on my laptop, no problem. I have tried both services, and still no luck launching the media player on either. I looked for something on the right hand side of the web page to launch, as well, but didn't find anything. I'll keep messing around and let you know if I get lucky!

Thanks again

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
This may be old news, but I found that I can get Sirius XM through an App titled Pocket Tunes ($9.99). The sound quality isn't the best, but not too bad. A word of caution - you will need to log into Sirius Media Player during the process and you need to know your username and password exactly. I goofed and literally had to remove and reinstall the app to get a second chance.
Here is a link to show how to install.
http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/55/292/article/

Hope this helps.
Heard of this yesterday and I have it working now. Easy to follow directions.

1. Go to Sirius.com in the App's Web section
  2. Click on Media Player on the Sirius website
  3. Log In (Have to have Sirius online listening subscription)
  4. Choose station
  5. Press Now Playing in the App
  6. Press the "+" to add the station to favorites
  7. Pocket Tunes will automatically log you in to that station every time you choose it from your favorites.
  8. Awesome!
Sirius better not try to block this. I was about to cancel my subscription when I heard that Starplayr was denied.

d55

Jun 3, 2008
this app is awesome! works great.. I would think this was approved by Sirius right?

Shlov1

Bronze
Jan 12, 2009
I have a problem shelling out the cash for this when the official application is supposed to come out soon. Anyone have any insider info on when that will be. I am still crushed about what went down with Starplayer, but hopefully the official app is somehow associated with them since Starplayer was so good. Any news anyone?

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I just bit the bullet and bought Pocket Tunes so that I can play SiriusXM and it works great! My question is has anyone figured out a way you can still listen to it if you want something like Hue Clock running? The minute I push the home button it disconnects. Thanks

rookierev

Jun 30, 2007
Tri-Cities (Eastern) Washington
If you have XM - does not work

I'm an old xm radio subscriber. I was told today that this does not work with xm radio users. I can listen to xm radio online okay. Pocket tunes said you have to log in at Sirius.com not xmradion.com.