SiriusXM for Your iPhone is Here!

Sludge

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
North Fort Worth
kycophpd

Thank you thank you thank you for posting that..

I was about to pull the trigger on the paid app just to try and make it work..

I have installed the free app from Sirius and it works perfect..!

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
If the No. 1 thing you use Sirius for is Stern.

And No. 2 is NFL.

And you don't get either...the app sucks for you.

And I am still PO'd that regular Sirius doesn't offer the play-by-play for baseball games through XM.

d55

Jun 3, 2008
ya no stern is bad..any info on if they are planning on adding the stern channels in the future?

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Are you not getting Sirius NFL because you're on XM? I'm listening to Sirius NFL right now... works great. No Stern bites.

I've been listening for about 20 minutes... no buffering at all right now on 3G. Pretty cool.

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Not playing NFL games sux. I wonder what they plan to do with channel 124 during a game. If I remember correctly, I thought they aired a game on 124 (along with other random channels). I guess they'll block those too.

Putting NFL games and Stern would pretty much make their Stilletto line and other mobile lines obsolete. Maybe that's why they did this.

Either way it stinks... hopefully they'll add later. But the app is free so I doubt it.

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
What a horrible merger for us Sirius subscribers....we lost the Nfl to xm, been waiting for this app for a while and they leave off Stern.

I really thought there would be class action suit I originally subscribed for the NFL and they removed it half way through my subscription year. Now it's a monopoly and the only choice is to go back to the crap known as Terrestial radio...not much of a choice eh?

Ughh

PapaST

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
What a horrible merger for us Sirius subscribers....we lost the Nfl to xm, been waiting for this app for a while and they leave off Stern.

I really thought there would be class action suit I originally subscribed for the NFL and they removed it half way through my subscription year. Now it's a monopoly and the only choice is to go back to the crap known as Terrestial radio...not much of a choice eh?

Ughh

I must have been under a rock somewhere. What I understand from other posters is that no Stern and no NFL games broadcasted on the iPhone app.

But this one has me scratching my head... you're saying that Sirius is no longer broadcasting NFL games on their radios/online because they lost it to XM radio?

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I just installed the XM App, and learned that traditional (basic) online access is not sufficient to use with the iPhone app. I called XM and they gave me a complimentary lifetime premium package since I have lifetime plans on two XM radios. I also have a lifetime Sirius package... so if that wouldn't have worked, I would have called Sirius and tried them.

/Jim

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
NFL did not go to XM, what are you talking about? Sirius holds the NFL contract and, after getting it, never lost it. They own XM, so XM isn't going to buy it out from under them, because it is the same company.

NFL may possibly be offered on BOTH next season (while MLB is NOT) but Sirius did not lose the NFL contract.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Have Sirius XM on my phone, Already had premium online subscription so it worked flawlessly. All my favorite channels are on there (Octane, Faction) and it works over 3G. Only bad thing is that it DRAINED the battery on my phone in less than a few hours (using external speakers). Just wish it worked in the Background!

JimP

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Have Sirius XM on my phone, Already had premium online subscription so it worked flawlessly. All my favorite channels are on there (Octane, Faction) and it works over 3G. Only bad thing is that it DRAINED the battery on my phone in less than a few hours (using external speakers). Just wish it worked in the Background!
I also wished it had a mechanism to defeat the sleep settings of the phone like other music apps.

/Jim

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
yes I got all excited hearing about this one and was contemplating signing up again just to listen to Stern, but now forget about it. Sirius is just Pandora without Howard.