SlingPlayer Mobile Now In App Store!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
How does sling look tossed to a desktop with a good hardline connection?

I ran into a situation last NFL season that we were at a friend's house who didn't have the right cable package to view a game, but did have a media computer hooked up to his HDTV. We streamed my orb from home, and while it always looks great on the iPhone, it didn't translate very well to a large TV.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
for me it's not great because my upload speed at my house rarely goes above 250kbps.

But within my home network, it's great. Easily as good as standard definition. I think the resolution is 640x480.

And i think the pro HD can go up to 720p/1080i.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Yes, it's great on home network using the Mac app. Very good quality, though I do find sometimes have have to restart the connection if the sound goes (very slightly) out of sync with the picture.

So much better than Orb. I tolerated Orb until the Sling app for iPhone came out. It's now been uninstalled, where it belongs!

BlackMonsterBandit

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Dirty Jers
really stupid question...and i figure the answer will be yes...but with the sling app i assume that is considered data transfer?..the only reason i ask is im going out of the country for my honeymoon, and thought that sling would be better then taking a laptop loaded with movies, if i can watch the movies on my computer and watch tv with the slingcatcher

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yes, but if you only use it through free wifi, then you don't have to worry about any charges, if that's your concern.