So it's official. No iPhone 5 :(

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
You're kidding, right? Wow, Tarek. Did you miss the Keynote?

It's as big as the leap from the 3GS to the iPhone 4.
I'm aware of the processor and graphics card upgrades, but that doesn't really matter to me. What I said was strictly opinionated. If I can do what my friend does 3 - 4 seconds slower than him, it doesn't really matter.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I'm aware of the processor and graphics card upgrades, but that doesn't really matter to me. What I said was strictly opinionated. If I can do what my friend does 3 - 4 seconds slower than him, it doesn't really matter.
Try and use Siri on your iPhone 4 ;)

kyleplusitunes

Silver
Jun 25, 2010
Point is, in a market like mobile phones, made so competitive now by Android hardware, (which was NOT the case during 3G to 3GS) can a company really afford to keep the same design for more than a year? It feels stale and old to me now.

Yes, the looks mean a lot, even if for brag factor alone.

I think this was a huge mistake on Apples part, I know the unwavering dedicated fanboy base that would buy the iPhone if they put it in a 1987 Apple IIGS case would still buy it.

But, I'm going to start giving Android more thought than before.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Wow...that sucks. There should be no reason for that to be only in the 4S....... How can that be a hardware only function.

~S
do you remember the restrictions when the 3g was upgraded to the 3gs. To increase sales.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're saying functionality is less important that appearance?