So it's official. No iPhone 5 :(

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Point is, in a market like mobile phones, made so competitive now by Android hardware, (which was NOT the case during 3G to 3GS) can a company really afford to keep the same design for more than a year?
yes. what are you going to DO with that Android hardware? Play angry birds? Post to facebook?

Reactions: TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
You're saying functionality is less important that appearance?
I'm not saying either is more or less important than the other; to me, they complement each other. When one of them, in that case the appearance, is the same, it'll seriously affect my purchasing decision as a consumer. Before the keynote, I was 100% excited and ready to buy the new iPhone once it comes out in Egypt or if I travel to the US, but now I have lost at least 30 - 40% interest.

Arcangel2176

Silver
Jul 24, 2007
i don't thi
Worst update ever. Completely disappointed with the update. 16 months...for this? Not even a bigger screen which really should have been a must. They have really fcked up here and their sales will suffer because of it.
i don't think the sales will suffer because of isheep but i agree with everything else

Chex

Dec 17, 2008
PA
How much you wanna bet JB iPhone 4 runs Siria?

I just feel really bad for Tim Cook...to be saddled with this when he's just starting out as CEO.

Hopefully they will sell millions and the stock goes back up. It's down 10% ...gonna be a good time to buy if it keeps dropping.

Sent from my iPhone 10

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
How much you wanna bet JB iPhone 4 runs Siria?

I just feel really bad for Tim Cook...to be saddled with this when he's just starting out as CEO.

Hopefully they will sell millions and the stock goes back up. It's down 10% ...gonna be a good time to buy if it keeps dropping.

Sent from my iPhone 10
Its down 4% not 10.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I disagree. The jump from the 3g to the 3gs was huge. Way faster and improved battery life in my opionin.
I had my 3G until April of this year and never had a problem with the phone dying on me during a day of use.

Going from that to the iPhone 4 was a huge difference in terms of speed, but the 3GS was not worth spending the money on. Same is true here. Better? How could anyone say "no"? Worth the upgrade? No way.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
It's down 5% on the day. It maxed out at 381 today and is now at 354, which is more than a 5% decrease, actually.
ACTUALLY, it has dropped little over 5% but I rounded down which was a mistake on my part, as when I was writing that post it had dropped 4.6% - HOWEVER, it was no where near 10pc.

Thanks

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
I'm disappointed but i look at it like this. I initially wanted the white iPhone 4 but didn't want to wait. Now I can get the white 4S with the new specs. It's like I will have a whole new iPhone basically. So I guess it's a win for us that didn't want to wait on the White iPhone 4. Kinda. Right? Or am I just making myself feel better.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I'm disappointed but i look at it like this. I initially wanted the white iPhone 4 but didn't want to wait. Now I can get the white 4S with the new specs. It's like I will have a whole new iPhone basically. So I guess it's a win for us that didn't want to wait on the White iPhone 4. Kind. Right? Or am I just making myself feel better.
I'm still glad I waited :D I wouldn't have made it this long with my 3G though. Would have thrown it out the window if it was still my daily phone.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I'm disappointed but i look at it like this. I initially wanted the white iPhone 4 but didn't want to wait. Now I can get the white 4S with the new specs. It's like I will have a whole new iPhone basically. So I guess it's a win for us that didn't want to wait on the White iPhone 4. Kinda. Right? Or am I just making myself feel better.
Your candy coating it

Sent from my iPhone4 using iCafe app

CanadianNemo

Genius
Gold
Aug 31, 2010
On the bright side of things, I can't afford a new phone right now anyways. I'll probably be able to afford it just in time for the 2012 iPhone ;)