So it's official. No iPhone 5 :(

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I disagree. The jump from the 3g to the 3gs was huge. Way faster and improved battery life in my opionin.
I agree. The difference between the 3G and the 3GS was significant, but it didn't matter because it looked the same as the old phone. Way too many people didn't care that it was a lot faster (faster processor and more RAM), had a better camera and autofocus, more storage space, a battery that lasted longer, video recording and editing, voice controls, an oleophobic coating and a magnetometer (which allowed you to orient maps to your direction of travel and have access to more advanced navigation and augmented reality) because nothing compares to a new look. We heard about how the 3GS was the same phone all year. Here we go again...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

I agree. The difference between the 3G and the 3GS was significant, but it didn't matter because it looked the same as the old phone. Way too many people didn't care that it was a lot faster (faster processor and more RAM), had a better camera and autofocus, more storage space, a battery that lasted longer, video recording and editing, voice controls, an oleophobic coating and a magnetometer (which allowed you to orient maps to your direction of travel and have access to more advanced navigation and augmented reality) because nothingcompares to a new look. We heard about how the 3GS was the same phone all year. Here we go again...

I'm starting to think all these rumors and mockups leading up to iPhone announcements get everyone's hopes impossibly high. I think this also helps explain why we never have this problem with iPods or Macs.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Worst update ever. Completely disappointed with the update. 16 months...for this? Not even a bigger screen which really should have been a must. They have really fcked up here and their sales will suffer because of it.
Doubtful. Sprint sales and new users will make this phone soar. So negative for no reason. If you don't like it don't buy it. A lot of people do like it and will buy it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm starting to think all these rumors and mockups leading up to iPhone announcements get everyone's hopes impossibly high. I think this also helps explain why we never have this problem with iPods or Macs.
I don't know. I think the mood would be completely different right now if it only had 4" screen and a different name.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I would be worried at this point if we are on Sept/Oct cycle or whethere there will be a new iPhone 5 in June. I relly hate the way Apple does this.

I like the upgraded features but I really not Siri, is worth a risky upgrade if iPhone 5 will be available next June.

Extra speed and ram looks good.

Is it firm Siri only works on 4S?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC

I don't know. I think the mood would be completely different right now if it only had 4" screen and a different name.

oh definitely. I'm just saying that people were expecting a 4" screen and new name because that's what the rumors and mockups had.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I have to disagree with that. Android already has most features that will show up in IOS5 and the next version will be out in about 2 months, so I doubt IOS5 will be leading on day one...
I will bet you now that iOS will be the leading mobile browser for the next 12 months.

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I'm actually pretty happy with the announcement. The 64GB capacity, A5 chip and doal core graphics plus iOS5 make it a winner for me.

I get to use the same Otterbox for my iPhone 4 to boot.

Flame on! LOL

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I watched the whole keynote and I like all of the new features. Seems to me the only thing that they did not do was give it a 4inch screen. I like the dual core processor and the ability to do mirroring to my TV..... and not to mention the 64GB of storage.... That and I do not have to buy all new cases.

~S

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
I watched the whole keynote and I like all of the new features. Seems to me the only thing that they did not do was give it a 4inch screen. I like the dual core processor and the ability to do mirroring to my TV..... and not to mention the 64GB of storage.... That and I do not have to buy all new cases.

~S
I never liked the mock ups of the 4-inch screens. And anything bigger would have been like the EVO and I HATE that brick of a phone.

iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S, I like it, no matter what they call it.

Jim

Reactions: Europa

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I never liked the mock ups of the 4-inch screens. And anything bigger would have been like the EVO and I HATE that brick of a phone.

iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S, I like it, no matter what they call it.

Jim
I agree...I'm happy with the design of my iPhone 4.....All new guts in the 4s are a welcome upgrade.
~S

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I am seriously disappointed in Apple. The 4S is lame compared to what the Android competitors are bringing to market. I've been an Apple fanboy for many years, but this will probably drive me to an Android phone by the end of the year. If the new Nexus Prime is anything like it's rumored to be, it will blow the socks off the 4S. 4S = Fail.