So long and thanks for all the fish

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If you bookmark this link, it will bring up New Posts and will not include any of the Off Topic stuff.

-Chris

Last edited:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but if people want to take a break, fine, but why they feel the need to announce it to the world is beyond me.

please don't take that the wrong way. i know you've helped me out on at least a few occasions.

btw, it is difficult to keep up with Off Topic.
I agree with this .. Seems like a please don't leave last hope thing to me .. If you gattta go the you gatta go..

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Hayes, call off the dogs. All that person is saying is that when you hit "New Posts" you get all the categories mixed together. A LOT of people navigate the site that way (raises hand)... so yeah, if you just come by here every couple days to see what's new, you may get a screenfull of OT because of the current ratio of iPhone:OT discussions. When that gets unbalanced, people could easily interpret the site as being unserious. That may seem unfair to you, but you should be able to understand where they're coming from.

And while you are the OT king, try not to take this personally. Although that line "Maybe you should reserve judgment until you know more about me" cracked me up. You've left very few topics about yourself a mystery, my friend!
I'm with LauraBee on this. I love this forum and peruse it several times a day, and never check out the new posts section primarily because of some of the mindless drivel I find. How often do you pee? Come on.

I can see the OT threads including things like technology, entertainment, media, etc. But your pissing habits? Hayes, you love being the center of attention and the 'king' of various things, but so far I see you (IMO) as the king of nonsense. Just my opinion, which I am entitled to.
Let the Flamers descend upon me.......:cool:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I love Hayes and this place would really go down a few notches in my book without him. I'm sure he is aware of his over-posting at times, but when he keeps it in check he's a very witty, intelligent, helpful member of the community.

I doubt we'll see many more pissing threads from him after this. He just has a lot of energy and not much of a brain-to-mouth/fingers filter.

But this thread isn't about Hayes and he's not the only reason 999 wants to leave.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Please don't take the off-topic area away from us. It's relaxing and, well, I don't have to read about iPhone all the time. Although I still love mine dearly and enjoy posting pics everywhere, I really have had it with the other iPhone stuff for now. Maybe that will change when iPhone 2 comes out, but for now off-topic it is.

H

Hayesimus

I'm reminded of the movie Finding Nemo. And how Dori is off in her own little world saying,"Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming."

Well, here's the deal. My "do you think I'm gay" thread got 350 replies and 3,235 views. My "how often do you pee" thread got 96 replies and 584 views. The more outrageous the thread, the more replies I've gotten. And it's not like I'm posting back and forth to myself. The reason those threads get so much attention is because people want to have fun, just like me. And I'm sorry if I get DEFENSIVE in this matter, but it's hard not to when people qoute me and use my own threads against me like I'm squeezing the life out of the EIC. When I'm sure that people would probably be more turned off by the bickering that is taking place for no reason.

I left a post today on MMi about that very thing. I told them that I lose interest in their site more and more because of the condescending attitude of a lot of their members that I've seen in more than enough threads. They were saying that the only iPhone websites that mattered were MMi and Hackintosh, and this was in response to someone saying something about EIC, so they were basically snubbing us. Anyway, I said that the EIC was friendlier but maybe I was wrong.

@Honda. You are CONSTANTLY adversarial to me. I never did anything to you. I have been friendly to you on more than one occasion, only to have you turn around and trash me again and again. For someone who is several years my senior, I would have expected a more mature attitude than that. You don't like my posts? DON'T READ THEM. Why don't you just hit the ignore button on me if I'm so scandalous?

x999x says he wants to leave. Too bad. He was well liked. But with certain members constantly attacking one another... well, if I was some other member and someone came down on me so frequently and so antagonistically, I'd probably leave too. Fortunately for ya'll, I'm thick skinned. I'm not going anywhere.

When I read these discouraging comments and the other mindless drivel, I just turn right around and say to myself,"Just keep posting, just keep posting, posting, posting, posting, posting.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I salute your honesty and stamina, Hayes. I hope you continue your exercise of freedom of expression despite the negative criticism to cease and desist. ;)

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'm still in your boat Hayes. OT should be OT. Other forums range from politics to racism, to whatever. Here we talk about pee (which I remember MANY of us posting in).

H

Hayesimus

Thank you. wait a minute.... Ramesh... i think your fly is going backwards... is it?

S

Starry

Ok my opinion not that it really matters but I really don't care LOL *Howling*

We are all unique in our own ways, some of us are closer than others some keep us at distance cause they think we’re not worthy enough for their friendship.. oh well sucks to be them LOL...

When I posted my goodbye I did it cause I didn't want anyone "assuming" they knew why I was leaving. It wasn't to get attention it wasn't to get anyone in trouble, and in no way did I ever tell Chris or anyone to make Ducknut (whatever his name was) to leave or I would, I LEFT cause I didn't want to bring bull crap to the board and I damn sure didn't want those that I call my friends to have to come on and read fighting online.. I think fighting on the internet is the lamest crap you can do… just log off and come back later if you have too.. having “words” and fighting ruins a damn good manicure for a woman let me tell ya! And I refuse to fight online.. But anyhow.. Chris can tell y’all… I offered to leave cause I didn’t want any drama… I CHOSE to leave, no one made me, and I didn’t make anyone do anything for me either, not ManoftheDark or NO ONE!

The boards are real slow, I've been unpacking my house, and dealing with a personal "relationship" ending that cut me like a knife and I'm just not into the "playful" mood right now, but I will be back :) Just give me time. But stop being so hateful to people on here some of you have a chip on your shoulder.. knock it off or plaster it up and paint it a pretty freakin color! Life's too short to be so ugly all the time. I don't care how many times someone takes a leak, it was funny and the others who contributed made it even funnier THAT is what we do! We take something useless and we make it FUN. As long as no one is being hurt or belittled or embarrassed online by someone on the forum.. WHO CARES. So if you don't like the postings.. don't READ THEM! if you get compelled to read them, then read them and shut up, it's your own dang fault you looked in the first place so be ticked off at yourself NOT the person who started the thread. And besides, Chris runs a tight ship if HE had a problem with it, it would have been gone... so grow up, hush up, enjoy life and love each other... is that asking to freaking much? If you can't do that.. then carry your happy butt to Texas I have a house you can help unpack and pictures to hang on the freakin walls... :)

I love you all and if you don't like that.. Too freakin bad!.... We now return you to your regularly scheduled program after this message on Diarrhea!

H

Hayesimus

Starry, you have much wisdom. I noticed just now that your signature has been changed. I'm a bit rusty on my French. Care to translate?

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Amen to that! (Nicely worded, Starry) I'm so weary of drama everywhere else; I come to this forum to learn, and this section just to blow off steam and kick back, have a few ridiculous laughs. Chris provided the solution a few posts up with a link which would work for those not wanting to see off-topic posts. Not much more to see here. ;)

S

Starry

it's suppose to say:

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all... Thanks for the Memories" But I don't think it's right and I don't know freakin french LMAO

H

Hayesimus

Well, I did well in French class in highschool, but that was nearly 10 years ago. GAH! Now i feel old lol. But yeah, if you don't use it, you lose it...

S

Starry

Well, I did well in French class in highschool, but that was nearly 10 years ago. GAH! Now i feel old lol. But yeah, if you don't use it, you lose it...

*snort* Honey I never had it *Howling* I used Babel Fish... or something like that.. and I swear it doesn't look close to what it's suppose to be LOL

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Something tells me EIC will not be changing any time soon.

It's important to remember... 999's gone through some tough times recently. He understandably needs to vent. He has given a LOT of himself here. I mean, look at the thanks. Sorry to harp on it, but the guy is a major technical tour de force around here.

If he needs time off, he should take it. I'm sure he meant no harm to any persons in particular. He's just not into the OT right now. But I think he'll be back.

Glad to see so many are into the community here, though. Viva la EIC!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Something tells me EIC will not be changing any time soon.

It's important to remember... 999's gone through some tough times recently. He understandably needs to vent. He has given a LOT of himself here. I mean, look at the thanks. Sorry to harp on it, but the guy is a major technical tour de force around here.

If he needs time off, he should take it. I'm sure he meant no harm to any persons in particular. He's just not into the OT right now. But I think he'll be back.

Glad to see so many are into the community here, though. Viva la EIC!
Either you or Starry should be a friggin US Ambassador to the UN or whatever they're called. Always enjoy your words, but I'm giving it to her on account of being a shallow type and her kicking your arse in the looks area :)

H

Hayesimus

Haha. We could start a diplomatic forum to handle any squabbles between different sections. Now... who will represent the Off Topic section.... lol