So which Apple Watch do you want?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Do we know yet if it's waterproof? It's completly worthless to me if it isn't. I haven't had a non-waterproof watch since I was ten. I wouldn't have swum with the gold leather watch - it's too nice for that. I already have a swim watch that tracks my time and laps. But the sports model/should be waterproof and I'm not sure it will. I just wouldn't want to have to worry about rain, splashes, etc.
The Apple Watch is water-resistant, but it is not waterproof.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I heard they are removing some of health features from the Apple Watch. This was because they were having problems with consistency due to amount of hair, dryness and how tight the watch was worn.

This is just one of the reasons I changed my mind and decided I don't want one anymore.
I use a pebble now and notifications is the main reason I like it, Apple watch has great potential beyond notifications, I am looking forward to finding use for it in the fast aeromedical field (protocols, medical calculators and notes easily accessible hopefully). As a health product I agree, I don't see this gen being too effective. I will make a prediction based on what I know of you strictly related to your contribution here; not only you will get one, you will also be a resource to many of us asking questions after we get it :D

BassFishing1

Nov 1, 2012
For a starting price of $349.00+ this watch should have a lot of bells and whistles. Waterproof not water resistant, solar power, shock resistant, lets face it Apple is not Casio-G-Shock, Invicta, Timex, Citizen, these are watch makers not Apple. I have a iPhone 6 and a iPad 4th generation, stick to what you know and improve on it.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
to be fair, people said the same thing about iPhone and iPad.

But I do agree the prices for the Steel and Edition versions are insane. $349 is about what I was expecting for the entry level watches, then maybe up to $1k for Edition. But $17k? that's just way too artificially high, even for apple. Lucky for me I don't care to have a gold watch.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
I use a pebble now and notifications is the main reason I like it, Apple watch has great potential beyond notifications, I am looking forward to finding use for it in the fast aeromedical field (protocols, medical calculators and notes easily accessible hopefully). As a health product I agree, I don't see this gen being too effective. I will make a prediction based on what I know of you strictly related to your contribution here; not only you will get one, you will also be a resource to many of us asking questions after we get it :D
I agree. I don't see any other name as much as yours on this site Europa, I can see you first in line for yours

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I really like the black Steel Link, but the price tag is just nuts especially if I will be upgrading in two years. I think I'll go for the Milanese Loop and enjoy it for two years without too much price tag regret.