So why did you decide/not decide to get an Apple Watch?

luvit!

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
I had been shopping for a new fitness watch when Apple made their date announcement. After pricing a lot of fitness/health devices I decided to go for the Apple watch, even tho it is going to be $150 more than the watch I was going to get. So to make myself feel better about the extra out of pocket, I sold my "extra" iPhone 6 and made $599!
So now I know it was meant to be that I get that watch! "justified in my head"

Reactions: bballrob

CASEACE79

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
I agree with you Mthoroughbred. I wanted one so I got one! (y) I just wish they would have let you try them on in the store first. I ordered the 38mm Stainless Steel with Black Classic Buckle, but now I want the 42mm stainless w/ Milanese Loop! What's a girl to do?
It was really strange they didn't have a week where people could come in and try them on before they went on sale. The publicity would have been insane.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't want to say never, but for right now it isn't a necessity like my iPhone is. If I had the Apple Watch I would still have to carry my iPhone with me to get the most use out of it. I can't really justify the cost. I also, never buy the first generation when it comes to technology. I may revisit the Apple Watch in a couple years and see what has changed.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
My mother says I will absolutely love the graduation gift they got me. I know it's not a car as I have one and we will go look for one together with more features. If it's the Apple Watch, I'll wear it and love it, but it wouldn't have been something I had gotten myself.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
It was really strange they didn't have a week where people could come in and try them on before they went on sale. The publicity would have been insane.
The day they went on sale (online) was April 10th if I recall. The product was available for fittings on that date. I can't understand why one would NEED to have it in their possession at 3 minutes after the start of pre sale. It is a very nice item, and yes I will probably end up getting one even at the crazy high price, but it's a watch people! Can you not wait a few weeks?

I will wait until June so I can simply walk into a store, pay for it, and take it home.

Loquutis

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 27, 2010
Mississauga
I agree with you Mthoroughbred. I wanted one so I got one! (y) I just wish they would have let you try them on in the store first. I ordered the 38mm Stainless Steel with Black Classic Buckle, but now I want the 42mm stainless w/ Milanese Loop! What's a girl to do?
On line Sale begins 12:01am. Store opens 10:00 am. (10 hours later) The answer is in there somewhere.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Ok I still don't have one.
I had Android watches for a while now. I won my 1st android watch (before it was released) at a Hackathon . I have now 2 Android watches (one round one square) and Pebble time and 2 beta devices.
I done numerous talks on Android Wear design.
I actually do not like the watch form factor. To many steps to use it! I still love Google GLASS and it's my #1 wearable.
If the Apple watch was less priced and I was also developing apps/watch-faces for it, I would already own one.
For now I keep going back to the Store and coming home without the watch. Perhaps after the update is released ?