Sold iPad, does buyer need original receipt for warranty?

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I want to upgrade to ipad 2 and i just sold ipad 1 on eBay, the guy said before he paid if i would include the receipt with the ipad just in case something goes wrong with it he can take it back to Apple, as it is under the one year warranty, i said sure ill ship the ipad with the original receipt...but now im thinking, you don't need a receipt to exchange a defective ipad because it has a serial number, Apple can just look it up...so why does he "really" want the receipt? Haven't shipped it yet and he paid my paypal account...any ideas?

Silent Assassin

Zealot
Gold
Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Wait til the money clears on your PayPal.. He can't do anything with the receipt, but he MIGHT need it for the warranty, as it may be linked to YOUR iTunes/Apple account..

I believe in cases where iPads are stolen, the recipient can't do anything with it, once that serial has been reported stolen..

I could be so wrong though, and i'm certain someone will run in here letting me know just that.. ;)

fithgear66

Bronze
Sep 8, 2007
As long as the money is in your paypal account and under details it says "OK to ship" I don't see a problem. If it's still pending I'd wait. If your a new seller on eBay, paypal will hold your money until you ship it with tracking.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Ive also seen paypal hold $$ even on ebayers thT have been selling a long time when it comes to high dollar things like iPhones and iPads

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Yeah I think your fine some people just want that kind of information there's nothing he can do with it anyways. It probably has the address and your full name on the receipt. He will not need the receipt for any kind of warranty related issues as the serial number follows the product no matter who "technically" bought or owns it.