Sold my jailbroken iPad 1 with the jailbreak. How do I remove all personal data...

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
...without a device reset or iTunes restore which, I learned, would remove the jailbreak also? Thanks.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Best way to remove your data is to "erase all content and settings" from within preferences. At that point you'll have to restore some type of iOS... So you should at the very least be able to install 4.2.1 and use greenpoison to rejailbreak, or just use a custom ipsw from pnwnage tool.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Best way to remove your data is to "erase all content and settings" from within preferences. At that point you'll have to restore some type of iOS... So you should at the very least be able to install 4.2.1 and use greenpoison to rejailbreak, or just use a custom ipsw from pnwnage tool.
Yikes! Sounds painful. Could you please point me to a step-by-step as regards getting the 4.2.1 or custom ipsw?

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
No offense taken. I used one of Geohots' tools. "So easy, even a caveman..." Thanks for the link. :)

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
and don't just do a simple "restore" in iTunes - that will update to 4.3.1.

Open pwnage tool, create the new ipsw from 4.2.1 (it walks you through how to do it), and use that to do an option+restore (or shift+restore for windows) in iTunes.

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Forgot to mention that I'm on Windows. I guess I should use Sn0wBreeze then... Thanks again, ACH.