Specifications of Apple iPhone 6 leaked hours before today's launch

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I am highly dissapointed with the curved edges.. No wonder iphone always stand uncompared with other phones available in the market but this time, i would surely give 2 points less for curved edges.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iphone5, iphone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I am highly dissapointed with the curved edges.. No wonder iphone always stand uncompared with other phones available in the market but this time, i would surely give 2 points less for curved edges.

Curved edges make the phone a lot more comfortable to hold. I've missed them since the 3GS. They are a welcomed comeback for many of us.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Curved edges make the phone a lot more comfortable to hold. I've missed them since the 3GS. They are a welcomed comeback for many of us.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. If you talk for any amount of time on the 5S your hands will start to hurt after a while. The curved edges are a sight for sore eyes (and hands)..

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I couldn't agree more with this statement. If you talk for any amount of time on the 5S your hands will start to hurt after a while. The curved edges are a sight for sore eyes (and hands)..
However, iphone has been making a style statement by its logo and its shape. But now it has come up with curves so it more or less looks like china models if you look at a glance. No wonder the specs cannot be compared but box shaped cellphones looks awesome for me. People here in india say it has copied samsung design which i know is not true because 3G models were first launched with same shape.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I think apple should skip 16gb instead of 32gb, this make more sense as a users point of view but may more profit in 16gb so....
I agree wholeheartedly with you. It seems plausible they ditched the 32GB and kept the 16GB so as to strong-arm those folks who only want to spend $199 (or $299 on the 6+) into coughing up an additional $100.

Take a quick look at the bill of materials for the iPhone 5s, and it becomes obvious. Apple makes an inordinately larger profit on the higher-capacity variants of their iPhones. It behooves them to keep the 16GB variant on the line-up as long as possible, as this persuades the masses to invest in the 64GB or 128GB variants.

Someonebody's gotta pay for Songs of Innocence. It might as well be us.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I think apple should skip 16gb instead of 32gb, this make more sense as a users point of view but may more profit in 16gb so....
I disagree. There are a lot if iPhone users that don't use much internal storage space. My wife is one of them. 16 gb is plenty for a big % of users. The rest of us want more than 32 gb. So skip 32.

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I disagree. There are a lot if iPhone users that don't use much internal storage space. My wife is one of them. 16 gb is plenty for a big % of users. The rest of us want more than 32 gb. So skip 32.
I have always had the 16GB. If you use a bunch of space I assume that's videos and photos / music / data?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Skip the 32GB? Seriously? You secretly work for Apple, don't you? :)

I think what the user was saying was that Apple should totally skip the 16 GB variant, and offer 32/64/128 for the same prices they have traditionally been offering.

Chris wrote a piece about this earlier today, and he hit the nail right on the head by saying that Apple took two steps forward, and one step back when they decided to keep the 16GB in the line-up. In a post earlier today, I wrote about this very situation myself, and I hypothesized that Apple kept the 16GB variant in the line-up to gently point customers in the direction of the more expensive models, on which they make a much higher profit.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I disagree. We've been paying the same amount for storage since 2009 and now, finally, they are offering double the storage for the same price, which is how it should be since prices have come down over the past five years. Yet those who are buying the low-end model are getting shafted. In fairness, the $199 model should also include double the storage, which would be 32 GB. It's a constant battle to stay under 12 GB (you don't have the full 16 GB to work with) on a device that records HD video and takes 8 megapixel photos.

Reactions: iP5

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
I disagree. We've been paying the same amount for storage since 2009 and now, finally, they are offering double the storage for the same price, which is how it should be since prices have come down over the past five years. Yet those who are buying the low-end model are getting shafted. In fairness, the $199 model should also include double the storage, which would be 32 GB. It's a constant battle to stay under 12 GB (you don't have the full 16 GB to work with) on a device that records HD video and takes 8 megapixel photos.
nice catch and agree. 32/64 should be the new standard on all phones. bumping the entry an extra 16 probably costs less than $1 in parts.

Sent from my Oneplus One