MacBook Pro Speck See through - Aqua

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Just got mine today.

Love it so far looks good on the MBP.

It is not a new one to fit the 2010 MBP power cable but the cable still connects and charges the MBP just doesn't sit in fully.

I bought it like this because I contacted GearZap where I bought it from and they said Speck had not updated the colour versions of the See through yet the only ones they had updated where the Black Satin's.

Either that or they had just not got stock of the coloured updated ones from Speck yet.

Doesn't really bother me though I can get a nail file to make a groove for the Power adapter to fit properly but I may just leave it and have the power adapter the other way as I don't use the ports that it blocks if it is the other way. (Ethernet & Firewire)

Last edited by a moderator:

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
Very nice! I'm considering the purple see through satin when I get my Mbp.
Do you notice much of a weight difference.?

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Very nice! I'm considering the purple see through satin when I get my Mbp.
Do you notice much of a weight difference.?
Very nice. I would not get the speck see through satin I had that and it stained my MacBook plus scratched it when trying to remove. All
That happened on the first day I got it. Thankfully I wound up exchanging for a brand new MacBook and went with the Incase Hardshell in Vivid turquoise not a problem since.

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
Very nice. I would not get the speck see through satin I had that and it stained my MacBook plus scratched it when trying to remove. All
That happened on the first day I got it. Thankfully I wound up exchanging for a brand new MacBook and went with the Incase Hardshell in Vivid turquoise not a problem since.
Oh I have not heard that. Makes me want to get the plastic one.
I like the satin look and feel better.
But I have a feeling it will be harder to pull out of my back pack (or sleeve) as opposed to the plastic ones.
Plus the plastic have a bunch of colors. Decisions decisions.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Every time I have taken it off it has not scratched I just take one of the clips off on one side then slide a card up to take the top clip off then the other side comes off itself. The bottom part comes off easily.

I think if it is cleaned for dirt every couple of weeks or so it will be okay its just the same as having an iPhone case if you leave the case on without taking it off to be cleaned then that will scratch your phone too.

I haven't noticed that much weight difference. It does add some bulk but not much.

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Every time I have taken it off it has not scratched I just take one of the clips off on one side then slide a card up to take the top clip off then the other side comes off itself. The bottom part comes off easily.

I think if it is cleaned for dirt every couple of weeks or so it will be okay its just the same as having an iPhone case if you leave the case on without taking it off to be cleaned then that will scratch your phone too.

I haven't noticed that much weight difference. It does add some bulk but not much.
Mine was a first day purchased unibody MacBook so there was not an opportunity for dirt. But it was a nice case. Too bad it wasn't for me

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
It was scratched on the top of the white unibody. Where the clips were on the light area to put it mildly the top of my Mac was awful. The staining was also evident where the bottom was as well. Thankfully I was
Able to get a new case and new MacBook .

The blue on yours is it see through or satin? The Satin damaged mine but I never tried the see through

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Mine is the see through.

I took it off again today to give it a clean and did not notice any scratches still so hopefully it will be okay as long as I am careful when taking it off and clean it every so often etc.