Steve Jobs Open Letter: Issues $100 "Store Credit" for Early Adopters

boycottapple

Sep 7, 2007
I agree with you although I will probably use the credit to buy an ipod for one of my kids. But I totally agree with everything you said.
I'd hate to go over that $100 credit. It's totally targeted at generating more revenue that wouldn't have happened.

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Now on to how we spend it.... I need a stereo headset that is NOT earbuds. They don't fit in my ears and they drive me crazy! Does anyone have a link for a product that has the mic, song advance clicky thing and is in stereo and is NOT earbuds? Your help is greatly appreciated.

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
leapard?

awesome, but now we get to wonder exactly what constitues 'or any other consideration' (warranty repairs/replacements) and how they'll determine who qualifies (e.g. the original buyer able to present proof of purchase such as a receipt, or the original AT&T account holder on which the iPhone was activated). no matter what, this gesture is huge in the eyes of early adopters of not just the iPhone but past and future Apple products. if/when i get mine, i know exactly what it will go towards---leopard upgrade.
Please forgive the ignorant question but what's a leapard and then the follow up question , what's a leapard upgrade

minivini

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Now on to how we spend it.... I need a stereo headset that is NOT earbuds. They don't fit in my ears and they drive me crazy! Does anyone have a link for a product that has the mic, song advance clicky thing and is in stereo and is NOT earbuds? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Easy. Get the Shure MPA adapter and use it with a set of good headphones (like Sennheiser). If you are unfamiliar with canal phones (or iems - inner ear monitors) check out Etymotic, Shure, Ultimate Ears, Westone, etc. They offer a totally different fit than earbuds and most sound superb. I don't, however, recommend the Shure E2c for the iPhone. For the money, there are much better sounding iems.

J-Sauce

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
I'll thank Steve for stepping up and doing something for the Early Adopters in this situation.

However, I won't forgive and forget on this one... Steve showed his true colors by his actions re: the Price Cut. Furthermore, anyone that thinks Steve would have still offered the credit if it hadn't been for the Press and Stock hits, is foolish, or delusional. I'm sure all the potential Credit Card chargebacks (which are now null and void) didn't effect his thinking at all either :p

Steve tried to pull a fast one, got his hand slapped, and is trying his hardest to get out of Time Out.
totally agree w/you on that one!

Kipper

Bronze
In my opinion I think it's a slap in the face to drop the price a whooping $200 bucks so soon. I mean I'm a gadget person and I realize especially in the electronic market prices do come down within time but give me a break. I wasn't one of the first on launch day to get the iPhone but I did get it on 7/25. Granted $100 is awesome and I would gladly accept it but instead of getting Apple credit how about $100 that I can do what ever I want with it. We're still subject to spending the money and giving it right back to Apple. Having this happen I cannot guarantee that I will be one of the first people anymore to rush out and get an Apple product anymore given the prior incident that has occurred.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
In my opinion I think it's a slap in the face to drop the price a whooping $200 bucks so soon. I mean I'm a gadget person and I realize especially in the electronic market prices do come down within time but give me a break. I wasn't one of the first on launch day to get the iPhone but I did get it on 7/25. Granted $100 is awesome and I would gladly accept it but instead of getting Apple credit how about $100 that I can do what ever I want with it. We're still subject to spending the money and giving it right back to Apple. Having this happen I cannot guarantee that I will be one of the first people anymore to rush out and get an Apple product anymore given the prior incident that has occurred.
Beat that dead horse!

MotherTucker

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks J-Sauce, that's awesome - I guess the question then becomes what earphones plug into the adapter? Anything Shure?

mm1250

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I think the $100 instore credit is ANOTHER slap on the face. I mean comon, if your going to give the in-store credit ATLEAST make it the amount we actually lost which should be $200. So where's the other $100 that i'm still out of?

I'm so glad when I went to the Apple store they were sold out of MacBook Pros because I was sold on it. And I doubt I will go back to get one unless I get the full $200+9% tax back, plain and simple. My real only hope is that I can get the $200 from Amex.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I think the $100 instore credit is ANOTHER slap on the face. I mean comon, if your going to give the in-store credit ATLEAST make it the amount we actually lost which should be $200. So where's the other $100 that i'm still out of?

I'm so glad when I went to the Apple store they were sold out of MacBook Pros because I was sold on it. And I doubt I will go back to get one unless I get the full $200+9% tax back, plain and simple. My real only hope is that I can get the $200 from Amex.
It's great to hear an original thought that hasn't be said 500 times before. Too bad this isn't one of them.