Steve Jobs Open Letter: Issues $100 "Store Credit" for Early Adopters

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Just got back fro the Apple store. Didn't get the $100 credit, they told me to keep checking Apple.com

wgzn

Sep 12, 2007
i think that rebate thing is ridiculous!

welcome to bleeding edge technology folks - thats just how it works - especially with Apple!

if people are gonna be crying over a $200 price drop they probably had no businesss buying the device in the first place...

H

Hayesimus

well i think its understandable that people would be upset by such a sudden and drastic price cut. i do not however think its understandable for people to CONTINUE to belittle Steve Jobs and Apple after they have promised a 100 dollar store credit. I mean come on! that right there is the epitome of a compromise. They acknowledged that you feel upset and are willing to do something about it. You people who are still complaining are very ungracious. You need to get over it because there is seriously so much more to worry about in the world than a measley 200 dollars that you agreed to pay when you first got the iPhone. People are starving in the world and dying everyday because of famine and drought and disease. People are enduring emotional heartache from deaths in the family or losing a lover. People are being mocked and ridiculed in school just because they don't fit the norm. What have we got to complain about? We had enough money to buy a ridiculously priced gadget and then when the dropped the price and we complained, they gave us a store credit. You know If there were a way for Apple to apply the 100 dollars to a charitable organization like habitat for humanity or st. judes, i'd gladly let it go. and maybe if more people would do the same it could actually make a tremendous difference. I figure however that they are only going to use it toward product purchases but still. could you imagine? i mean like 600thousand people had an iPhone before the price drop. that would be 60 million dollars to help those who probably didn't get to stand in line on iDay. wow. who knew i was going to get all humanitarian on myself. I feel guilty now. :(

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
i think that rebate thing is ridiculous!

welcome to bleeding edge technology folks - thats just how it works - especially with Apple!

if people are gonna be crying over a $200 price drop they probably had no businesss buying the device in the first place...
wow... you must be wickit, wickit loadit...

Gothgothpunk

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
i was thinking what if the $100 of store credit is a trap, they problably are going to say u have to update your iPhone to get the store credit and when u do update the iPhone, all the applications like ibrickr and other ones will probably stop working, my guess after u update iTunes will ask for problably information to fill in so u can get the $100...:eek:

jbaraga

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
www.baraga.me
i was thinking what if the $100 of store credit is a trap, they problably are going to say u have to update your iPhone to get the store credit and when u do update the iPhone, all the applications like ibrickr and other ones will probably stop working, my guess after u update iTunes will ask for problably information to fill in so u can get the $100...:eek:
Hey, can I borrow your tinfoil hat when you're finished?

wgzn

Sep 12, 2007
again, buncha whiney cry-babies.
buy new technology early = get burned.

this is not a new practice.
if you cant afford to roll the dice, don't buy version 1.0.

life isn't that complicated.

L_E_O

Jul 3, 2007
Man

I left my troll spray at home. Will you just leave on your own?

The people have spoken. Right or wrong, you don't piss off your most ardent supporters. While there may be a fuzzy gray line on how soon is too soon and how much is too much for a price cut, Apple clearly went too far. The technology makers now have a base line. 33% in 2 months is too much too soon. Period.

zeluiz22

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007

This is interesting. Your preoccupation about being able to 'afford' an iPhone and your preoccupation with its price reveals more than you think. Being frugal is a better indicator of affluence. Your status-obsession and feigned indifference to price, as well as your poor grammar, says the opposite about you.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
My Thoughts on The Store Credit (A Must Read for Apple Defenders)

well i think its understandable that people would be upset by such a sudden and drastic price cut. i do not however think its understandable for people to CONTINUE to belittle Steve Jobs and Apple after they have promised a 100 dollar store credit. I mean come on! that right there is the epitome of a compromise. They acknowledged that you feel upset and are willing to do something about it. You people who are still complaining are very ungracious. You need to get over it because there is seriously so much more to worry about in the world than a measley 200 dollars that you agreed to pay when you first got the iPhone. People are starving in the world and dying everyday because of famine and drought and disease. People are enduring emotional heartache from deaths in the family or losing a lover. People are being mocked and ridiculed in school just because they don't fit the norm. What have we got to complain about? We had enough money to buy a ridiculously priced gadget and then when the dropped the price and we complained, they gave us a store credit. You know If there were a way for Apple to apply the 100 dollars to a charitable organization like habitat for humanity or st. judes, i'd gladly let it go. and maybe if more people would do the same it could actually make a tremendous difference. I figure however that they are only going to use it toward product purchases but still. could you imagine? i mean like 600thousand people had an iPhone before the price drop. that would be 60 million dollars to help those who probably didn't get to stand in line on iDay. wow. who knew i was going to get all humanitarian on myself. I feel guilty now. :(
Sir, you should not feel guilty at all. Your post is one of the most intelligent I have seen, through out this whole ordeal. You spoke volumes of knowledge in your writing, and I commend you for it! I just want to add one current tragic situation going on, that you forgot to mention. Stop The Genocide in Darfur. I think what we all could do is, use our 100.00$ store credit (that we wouldn't of had anyway) at the Apple store to buy what we want. We then could take 100.00 out of our pocket, and donate it to the charity of one's choosing.

I strongly feel that, all the people in this forum who flamed other members, for speaking out (against Apple), should most certainly, donate their 100.00 (store credit) to a charity of their choosing. How could they feel good about their selves, walking around with their new Apple product, minus 100.00, that everyone else (excluding them), fought for? They lashed out at people, who were displeased with the sudden price drop. I say, put your money where your mouth is, spend that 100.00 (store credit) that "WE" fought for, at the Apple Store. Then, since you thought Apple was right, and shouldn't have given any consideration to early adapters, donate 100.00 (out of your pocket) to the charity of your choice. You can then feel good about yourself, for standing by your word. Don't just go buy your girlfriend an iPod, like one of the fierce defenders of Apple's price cut, said he was going to do in this thread. I won't mention his name, but he should be ashamed of his self for even going to the store credit sign up page. He flamed everyone in this forum, for being dissatisfied with the sudden drop in price of the iPhone. Yet he chooses to accept and spend his credit, to me, that is disgusting. So all you Apple defenders, do the right thing, you did not fight for the credit, so please donate 100.00 to a worthy cause of your choosing!

Lastly, Mr. Jobs, I am glad to see that there are still companies that listen to their customers. Thank You, M

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
You know If there were a way for Apple to apply the 100 dollars to a charitable organization like habitat for humanity or st. judes, i'd gladly let it go. and maybe if more people would do the same it could actually make a tremendous difference.
I think this is a good idea...if people are selling them, there must be a good way for us to donate them. I bet every one of our communities has a non-profit that would benefit from several $100 dollar credits at an Apple store.

Set up a website. donateyouriPhonecredit.com I'll be first in line.