Steve Jobs Open Letter: Issues $100 "Store Credit" for Early Adopters

cdodkin

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
www.d30-images.com
Steve had to have been getting pressure, especially from heads of credit card companies. Thank God it's something and at least they are being classy about it and offering us something.
For all those who think it's whining and complaining when we are being ripped off please feel free to send me your credit for the Apple store,
it's complaining of an unfairness that will get you anywhere. Even if you don't get anything from it, in America you can have freedom of speech which includes whining and complaining. These forums are for discussion for every side of opinion not just mine, not just yours, but everyone has the right to discuss this whether you call it complaining, or BS, or whining. This forum wouldn't be so great if we only had one sided opinions, but for God sakes don't put people down for expressing and discussing iPhones. Thats why we're here.
I know what you're saying, but from day one the high percentage of iMoaners on these forums has been stifling otherwise healthy discussion.

Some people are just never happy - and seem to be the ones that like to post the most!

It gets old really quickly - I actually stayed away from here for weeks because it's tiring to have to deal with all of the negativity day after day.

Freedom of speech is great - but constant whining and moaning is not a healthy use of the freedom.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
<-------Let's please all stay on topic. The last 24 hours have been turbulent enough here at EverythingiPhone. Let's keep this discussion about the Steve Jobs open letter. Thanks! ------------>

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
now that that's out of the way, can the iMoaners please shut up!
Hey if it wasn't DIRECTLY because of the iMoaners their would be NO $100 credit.

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.
If you don't want to be accused of being an iMoaner I will be happy to spend your $100 store credit. So you can continue to shut up. ;)

FWIW what a great thing Jobs did he LISTENED to his customers. Good Karma

sammyb

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
New York
Go sox! ;)

I deleted my way rude uncalled for post. didn't mean to be a basher like that. I got a little carried away.
:laugh2:

Now that you know you upset a lot of people I want some kind of credit for the time I spent reading your post. Say maybe 15 minutes of my time :laugh2:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Hey if it wasn't DIRECTLY because of the iMoaners their would be NO $100 credit.

If you don't want to be accused of being an iMoaner I will be happy to spend your $100 store credit. So you can continue to shut up. ;)

FWIW what a great thing Jobs did he LISTENED to his customers. Good Karma
Exactly the point I was trying to make!:p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
No, I just stand by my word. I wasn't upset yesterday and didn't expect anything for being the "cool first kid with an iPhone" so I'm not gonna take something I feel that I don't deserve. Because me taking that money would be like Apple not offering it to you all who are upset.
Ooohh! Ooohh! Can I have your 100 bucks!?!? (I can put it towards my new $400 iPhone! Hehe)

J/k
=P

No, but really......you got my "aim", do the right thing. LoL

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I think this is a great move by Steve and Apple and is redemption IMO. We all knew a price drop was coming but never could have forseen it this soon and this drastic. I work for a certain telecom and I was even shocked.

I expected between a $50 and $75 price drop so $100 is just about perfect. It really comes down to principle and the money is not the issue.

This is the part that did it for me...

Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.

That is the Apple I know.

The funniest part is that as soon as I bragged to my gf that I was getting $100 back she said I should use it to buy her a Nano or iPod Touch....

Well, considering she is the wonderful person who bought me my iPhone I think it is the least I can do.

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
rebate offered to early buyers $100

Macworld.com has an article out saying every buyer of an iPhone will get $100 rebate of store credit. Details are being worked out.
Very cool!

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
im glad to hear this but its typical of jobs! 100 credit to use towards Apple products! Apple doesn't lose they gain again! Smart man! I know I'll be using it for the new nano!

iPaul

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Minneapolis
Very impressive and thanks to Steve and Apple. I'm on board and I'm gonna use that credit to buy a scond iPhone for my wife. I'm satisfied.

And to all the 'fanbois' that were pooh-poohing and hush-hushing the complainers... I bet you're changing your tune now, LOL!

Power to the people!

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
OPENING DAY OF FOOTBALL SEASON AND A $100 CREDIT . THANKS STEAVE. HAIL TO STEVE. HAHA . :cool:

STEVE. .. STEVE... STEVE. STEVE...
THANK YOU SO MUCH ! APPLE I don't HATE ANYMORE .
YOU JUST MADE MY DAY NOW IM GOING TO WATCH THE FOOTBALL GAME IN PEACE.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
im glad to hear this but its typical of jobs! 100 credit to use towards Apple products! Apple doesn't lose they gain again! Smart man! I know I'll be using it for the new nano!
Yes but they are losing in what we use the $100 for, with their profit margin they probably aren't losing much but add it all up with all the iPhones already sold before this and Steve is losing a small chunk of change because of this.